See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with my crop regions?

Login to Give a bone

Default What's up with my crop regions?

I noticed a problem with my exterior building elevation crop regions. When I grab the arrow to adjust the bottom edge of the region, the top edge of the boundary jumps down to where my mouse is, and then I can only drag the bottom down, and not up. Similar thing happens with the top. This makes it VERY difficult to get the crop region the right size.

Basically to adjust the top edge, I have to move the whole crop region down. Then I have to grab the top arrow, which becomes the bottom arrow, and drag it down into position in order to adjust the bottom edge. It's completely bass ackwards

Anyone ever seen this happen?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What's up with my crop regions?

That's weird... I've never seen it. If the problem persists, you may want to use the "Size Crop" option instead of manually moving the crop region arrows... Just go there and type the size you want and then move the whole crop region (because it will grow up AND down from its center).

Andre Carvalho

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This happened a while ago on a project and the only solution for me was to recreate the elevation. Kinda bites but it beats fighting a losing battle.

All AUGI, all the time Gadget Man's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    I noticed a problem with my exterior building elevation crop regions. When I grab the arrow to adjust the bottom edge of the region, the top edge of the boundary jumps down to where my mouse is, and then I can only drag the bottom down, and not up. Similar thing happens with the top. This makes it VERY difficult to get the crop region the right size.

Basically to adjust the top edge, I have to move the whole crop region down. Then I have to grab the top arrow, which becomes the bottom arrow, and drag it down into position in order to adjust the bottom edge. It's completely bass ackwards

Anyone ever seen this happen?
    This happens to me in about every third - fourth job. Regardless of what machine I work on (several totally differend brands, configurations, OS's, graphic cards, etc.) I sort of learned to... live with it, although it is very annoying! What I do, I simply drag the bottom arrow up (above where I want my top to be) and drag my top arrow down (to where my bottom arrow should be). They are sort of... reversed - for some strange reason...

I simply stopped even asking about these weird little things in Revit - there are so many of them... As soon as I find a relatively workable solution, I just live with it... I just try not to think how much money this software cost and how it should behave... After so many years it's pointless, really...

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Not really a valid solution to the actual problem (Needs fixing), but would´nt a Scope Box be an easy way to deal with it....
    Last edited by Munkholm; 2011-01-10 at 01:38 PM.

Login to Give a bone

We've run into this a couple times and did the same thing as Dimitri - delete and recreate the elevation.

Since these were happening in a master file with linked views of the buildings it wasn't a huge problem. I assumed it was Revit misbehaving with linked files again. Are you finding this in a regular building file or is it in a linked situation?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have had this problem crop-up (no pun intended) before.

as it only was a problem for one view (probably elevation)
    I did not bother trying to figure-out what was the problem, just working around it

just figured it was one of those "revit quirks" and not so much an acutal problem

e.g. when nothing seems to work correctly and you just have to save and reboot your computer.

Login to Give a bone

The problem is with the 4 exterior elevations that were already created in the template.

These are not elevations of linked files specifically, but my site link does appear in these elevations.

A new elevation from scratch does not exhibit this behavior, but I've already set up everything and noted everything in those 4 elevations, so I'm just going to leave them.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: What's up with my crop regions?

What happens if you Duplicate with Detailing?

cheers

All AUGI, all the time Gadget Man's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cliff collins View Post
    What happens if you Duplicate with Detailing?

cheers
    I just tested it in a brand new file - no links. The elevations were created in the template but there is NO WAY we're not going to have them created in the template file - too much fiddling with it every time you would have to create one in a project. Too many people trying to create it in too many different ways...

Anyway, the external elevations behave strangely (as expected) and at first the duplicate view is normal but, as soon as you try to adjust the crop, it behaves the same as the parent (original).

Definitely a bug. I am trying to assosiate this behaviour with anything in the project itself but for now I am not very successful...

Not a big thing but very annoying... as so many others...

PS.

It only happens with the top and bottom - the sides are OK. Will keep looking...
    Last edited by jetisart; 2010-03-22 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Added info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast