Thread: REVIT MEP CLASSES - SEATTLE??

Login to Give a bone

Default REVIT MEP CLASSES - SEATTLE??

Hi,
    I just started working for an electrical design/contractor about a month ago. They want to transition into the Revit world and see if it is beneficial for our company and what we do. At a previous job I used Revit Structure, so I'm guessing I know the basics for MEP. I am hoping to find a Revit class specifically for MEP in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Thanks in advance for any help!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REVIT MEP CLASSES - SEATTLE??

I would first try your local reseller in your area, some provide training/ support. Yes, there are core similarities between Revit Architecture, Structure and MEP so you are already a step up. Good Luck!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by klutton View Post
    Hi,
    I just started working for an electrical design/contractor about a month ago. They want to transition into the Revit world and see if it is beneficial for our company and what we do. At a previous job I used Revit Structure, so I'm guessing I know the basics for MEP. I am hoping to find a Revit class specifically for MEP in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Ideate is local to Seattle and so is PPI.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

We purchase our software through imaginit, so I guess we will use them. I was just looking for other options, such as college classes or something like that. I find a lot of Revit Arch classes at the colleges but no MEP.

Login to Give a bone

Nope I believe there are only a handful of universities embracing Revit MEP technology.

In my response here I do not want to sound condescending to Resellers for they are good at what they do. But receiving Revit MEP training from a reseller does not always benefit the MEP/FP engineer because reading out of the AOTC (Authorized Official Training Course ware) book does not really give the most realistic examples. With that said I want to caveat that with there are some very very good Revit MEP trainers out there that do work for resellers. When I give training I like to change up the course ware to use previous engineering projects that have been completed to provide expanded real world examples to users while using the AOTC at the same time. I would suggest if you can find someone that can do that, you will be very solid. Not to mention that you are already on one of the best resources out there for Revit.

Login to Give a bone

I just took the Revit MEP class thru Imaginit and it was really good. Good refresher on Revit knowledge I had (structure) and a good dose of getting our feet wet in the MEP systems. Small class size allowed room for field specific questions. Length was a little long, but any shorter we wouldn't have been able to ask as many questions. Kind of excited to get this thing going!

Login to Give a bone

I know this is an old thread, but I thought that I would chime in for posterity. We recently opened our doors in Bellevue, Washington. We can also travel to Seattle for training sessions.

Check us out: BIM Extension - Revit Training in Seattle and Bellevue

At BIM Extension, we approach training differently. There is no classroom, there are no desks, and there is no set curriculum. Each training session is tuned to the group’s needs.

Our goal is to never cover topics that you already know – that is wasted time. We construct training materials for each group individually – this means that all courses are custom-tailored per group or individual. We prefer immersive training sessions in which students are working hands-on in Revit. Your classmates become your teammates as you work towards a common goal: to advance your skills in Revit.