Thread: Enterprise Palette Management

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Enterprise Palette Management

Summary: The ability to control tool palette groups globally.

Description: Enterprise Palette Management

How Used: The grouping of palettes s currently handled entirely locally. But as the CAD Managers push out more and more new palettes, they are not added to existing groups. If CAD Managers could maintain a set of enterprise wide group,s that are available in addition to any locally defined groups, they could make sets of palettes easier for users to adopt.

Feature Affinity: Tool Palette

Submitted By: Charles Prettyman on January 21, 2010

Default Re: Enterprise Palette Management

Incidentally, my thinking was that Palette management could be handled very much like CUI files - that is, the profile could specify a local AWS file, and an Enterprise AWS, along with a local ATC path and an enterprise ATC path. The CUI editor could then be used as the tool for controlling palette groups, and which palettes display, etc - and that could all become part of workspaces.

AUGI Addict

We definitely need better tool palette management. I would like to see both enterprise and user sections, allowing CAD admins to provide specific palettes *with* group control while letting users make their own palettes and grouping them as they want.

The current situation has tool palettes being copied locally when added to a group, which means updates to the network version aren't seen by users (the local version is being read). This means either a) can't use standardized palette groups or b) need some complex copy-local scheme to keep everything up to date.

Thumbs up Re: Enterprise Palette Management

As a CAD manager if I could have my CAD users on startup automatically look for updated Tool Palettes and update if needed, it would be a big help.

I totally agree with all the above statements. Controlling the Tool Palette globally at the moment has becomming a real hassle.