Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Process-based Courseware for Revit 5.1

Login to Give a bone

If you are interested in ‘process-based’ Revit training material, Introductory Courseware for AutoDesk Revit 5.1,” the first of three books in a series, is now available. For more information about the three books in this series, please go to: CLICK HERE.

I wanted to send a quick note to all of you regarding training material for Revit that I have recently completed. I have been a registered architect for the last 17 years and have been a Revit user for about 3 years (since Revit 3.0). I worked at Revit as a Technical Sales Manager and Director of Partner development, using Revit for client presentations and their technical issues 14 months before Autodesk's purchase. Prior to Revit, as Principal at CDV Systems, I was an Autocad / ADT / 3D VIZ consultant for nine years with AEC clients across the United States. I also co-authored AutoDesk’s Official training Courseware for ADT2 & ADT3 along with David Driver; architect, colleague and contributing editor for CDV Systems' Courseware Series for AutoDesk Revit.

If you would like to be included in any future announcements, please send your contact information to: mdv@cdvsystems.com.
    Thank you for your time.

Cyril Verley RA
    [/b]

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Process-based Courseware for Revit 5.1

Cyril, good to see the Revit knowledge base expanding, there aren't many publications out there.

A list of contents for your books would be helpful. ( more detailed than provided on the web page ).

Are they only available as hardcopy, or will they be online in future ?

Login to Give a bone

I must say that the blurbs sound very good, but perhaps some more info. Can you tell us more about what is covered in the books? Maybe a Table of Contents for them? I would be hard pressed to spend $60-$70 for a book without having some idea of the content

Login to Give a bone

Doh! Now I see why Beegee is a moderator...always one step ahead of me

Login to Give a bone

As per your request, please find the attached PDF file that includes the table on contents for the Intro book and the Commercial book as well as the book preface and how to use the CD ROM enclosed with each book.

I also loaded a low resolution version of a shaded GIF animation the user creates within the courseware for the commercial project. Please know that EVERYTHING you see in this animation is built by the user with the advanced courseware (a three day class) including the open web joists, canted curtain walls, sloping site and two levels of underground parking. This entire building is constructed from scratch with every command documented within the courseware.

We are quite excited about these books and have had great success from recent training classes I have had for my AEC clients in Boston. I will be posting their comments to our web-site by the end of the week. Please let me know if you need anything else…
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

This sounds like the most impressive book on Revit that I've seen to date. When do the Residential and Commercial books come out? Or are they out already?

I could stop if I wanted to funkman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

that looks great - I bought two books at amazon - Moss et al, as well as Stine's book. They are terribly basic and dont give out anything new over the tutorials, and not very "project" specific.

These look good - can you send all three to the land downunder? Please let me know cause I would like one of each.

thanks

Login to Give a bone

Looks pretty good.. I bet you're keeping your fingers crossed for not too many changes in Revit6? Or.. I guess you could do an update pretty easily.. compliments anyway!

Login to Give a bone

Hi All,

The first book: “Introductory Courseware for AutoDesk Revit 5.1” is available from this link: http://www.cdvsystems.com/productcar...p?idCategory=2

We can send this book anywhere in the world. The shipping charges are mainly setup by US Zip codes. You would click the button associated with your mailing zip codes. For shipping international orders, click the "international" shipping button. Before your credit card is charged, we calculate the international shipping costs for each order and send you an e-mail outlining the costs. If you agree, the order is processed and then we ship it. You can also pay by check or money order by clicking the “PO number”. Once payment is received, we send the order out.

The second book: "Advanced Courseware for AutoDesk Revit 5.1 – Commercial" will be available mid October. The "Advanced Courseware for AutoDesk Revit 5.1 – Residential" book will be available November.
    As for Revit 6.0, we look forward to it. Unless Autodesk is planning to rewrite Revit from scratch, our core process-based courseware can be updated in a short time frame.

Login to Give a bone

A few more questions...how many pages is it? How beginner-ish is it? Any chance someone who has been using Revit for 9 months will learn anything new? Can post a few more pdf pages of the inside just so we can get a feel for the content...a la Amazon.com? It looks great! I don't know how much I need a beginner's guide to Revit, but it looks so nice, I may have to get it just to spruce up my library!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast