Thread: Revit Structure cooperate with Autocad Structural Detailing, HOW???

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Revit Structure cooperate with Autocad Structural Detailing, HOW???

Hi all, i am very new for using ASD, have heard many people are using it to make details.

I sent a steel model from Revit Structure 2010 to ASD by using extension tools ' integration with ASD(Steel)'. Then added some connections to the model in ASD. So i tried the command 'Update model from AutoCAD Structural Detailing'. The model i got again in Revit, was without any connections. Cant i transfer the connections from ASD to Revit???

Another thing is, what should i do when i have made the connection in ASD, and then want to change the size of a beam. I guess i am missing a lot here.

Plz HELP.....!!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Structure cooperate with Autocad Structural Detailing, HOW???

Sadly connections done in ASD will not go back to revit as it does'nt recogise them.

Login to Give a bone

Worse yet if you change a beam size, you have to redo that beam. There's no real link between the 2. One and Done.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    You can hide all the member layer and then save your connection to ACIS model - there is a button in ASD.

Here is another thread on the topic http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=99983

J

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Revit Structure cooperate with Autocad Structural Detailing, HOW???

Thank you all! It was very nice and helpful to know the truth.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jjtan58 View Post
    Hi all, i am very new for using ASD, have heard many people are using it to make details.

I sent a steel model from Revit Structure 2010 to ASD by using extension tools ' integration with ASD(Steel)'. Then added some connections to the model in ASD. So i tried the command 'Update model from AutoCAD Structural Detailing'. The model i got again in Revit, was without any connections. Cant i transfer the connections from ASD to Revit???

Another thing is, what should i do when i have made the connection in ASD, and then want to change the size of a beam. I guess i am missing a lot here.

Plz HELP.....!!!!!

Two comments:
    1. Unfortunately connections transfer is not available from ASD to Revit and vice versa.

2.You have made connections in ASD and you change a beam size in Revit.
    In this case you should call again Revit extension and SEND once again model to ASD.
    The beam size in ASD will be updated.
    In order to adjust in ASD existing beam connection to the new beam size, please call Update Connections command.

Hope that helps.