Thread: SDK RoomSchedule & Windows XP X64bit: 'Microsoft.Jet...' not registered error msg

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default SDK RoomSchedule & Windows XP X64bit: 'Microsoft.Jet...' not registered error msg

Hi,

I complied SDK RoomSchedule program to use with Revit2010 64bit on Windows XP. It loads fine and when i click on Room Schedule command it opens up dialogue box to select Excel file. But when I select Excel file it gives me following error message.

'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I surfed on the net about this error and it seems that this happens because of 64bit operating system and OLEDB drivers non compliance with 64bit.

I then complied the appilcation for X86 CPU. But it doesnt work with Revit 2010 64bit.

Any help please?

Thanks in anticipation.

regards

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: SDK RoomSchedule & Windows XP X64bit: 'Microsoft.Jet...' not registered error msg

I had the same problem with a client. We had to change the code and use a xml file instead of an access file. The problem lies in the jet for Office 2010. It is in beta phase now, and works with some programs, but not all. Microsoft is working to fix the issue. They are scheduled to release Office 2010 in June I believe. You can either wait until they get the jet fixed or change your program to reference an xml, which takes some work to fix the code.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: SDK RoomSchedule & Windows XP X64bit: 'Microsoft.Jet...' not registered error msg

Thanks very much for your kind response.
    I am using office 2007 on 64bit pc with revit 201064bit. I will see if i can install beta jet drivers and resolve it or else as you said, i will have to wait until office 2010 is launched because i dont how to change it to xml code etc. What I was trying to achieve is to import unplaced rooms from excel sheet. We normally have design brief in Excel sheet and i was hoping to use the SDK Room schedule sample to do this. But I used "Copy from Excel" tool instead which is posted on this forum. It works like a charm.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Modérateur Forum Français Pierre-Nelson NAVARRA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Use that : str_reader = new StreamReader(strXlsFile);