Thread: Civil 3D and vanilla CAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Civil 3D and vanilla CAD

Don't know if this is the right forum for this question but here goes - As a designer at a landscape architecture firm I work in vanilla CAD 2010 but get files from our civil that were obviously done in Civil 3D. Here's my issue - I have a file with road stationing and when I xref it into my plot sheets, the size of the AECC objects that make up the stationing labels get really really small (illegible on printed sheet). Can I manipulate these objects in vanilla CAD, or do I just need to ask my civil to save down? Thanks for any help in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3D and vanilla CAD

*IF* memory serves, those items are annotative in C3D... you might first try checking your drawing scale, to see if it matches your civil drawing's scale. That may fix the problem.

Hope this helps!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Renderman. I figured it was something like that, but in vanilla I can't see how to access the annotative feature of the civil text, which are AECC objects......it doesn't show up as a property, and no amount of monkeying with the annotation scale or anno. visibility seems to change the size of the text in the viewport.

Login to Give a bone

Are the insunits variables matching between the drawings? A workaround may be to change your drawings to be unitless, at the least while inserting / xreffing the two together.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Have you installed the Civil Object Enabler into your Autocad 2010?

Civil 3D elements do not use the Annotative Scale. They have their own independent method of scaling (unfortunately). It's related to the way Civil 3D had auto-scaling labels several years before Autocad got Annotative Scales.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Civil 3D elements do not use the Annotative Scale. They have their own independent method of scaling (unfortunately). It's related to the way Civil 3D had auto-scaling labels several years before Autocad got Annotative Scales.
    I greatly appreciate the correction / reminder, Sinc.

... The last thing I want to do is provide the OP (or anyone else) inaccurate information.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000