Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AUGI Wish List - Inventor

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AUGI Wish List - Inventor

Most of our hole features are cut with our table cutter, so a fractional dimension style is sufficient. On the oher hand, we have a lot of holes that need to be machined, and that means 3- or 4-place decimal dimension, sometimes with tolerances.

I would love to be able to switch between dimension formats on the fly, going from a Ø3/8 opening to a Ø1.505 +.002/-.000 machined hole with a right-click of the mouse.

I see it being added as a flyout menu under "Dimension type", with the Dimension command active. The available styles would be the same as the active styles in the Ribbon bar.

Login to Give a bone

Enable/disable pre highlight should work in part an sketch, not only at assembly level.

Login to Give a bone

It may seem simple, but I really crave better drafting tools.
    The drawings are still a very large part of our output and Inventor is lagging years behind autoCAD.

maybe I've missed some things, but switching between dimension styles (e.g. selecting metres or millimetres based on scale) or text styles is more work than it should be.
    Drawing symbols, because attributable blocks don't work properly.
    Even aligning drawing elements (other than the base views) is more awkward than it should be.
    Heck there isn't even a proper spell checker! My spelling is terrible. I need a spell checker!
    All these things affect the quality of the delivered drawings. It is incredibly frustrating
    It may not matter when you're working purely in house, but as a consultancy the drawings are deliverables and this matters much more.
    It doesn't matter how fantastically sparkly your models are if the bit that the client is going to see looks like poop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12