Thread: Sleeves

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Sleeves

Did the guys that write this program every put together a building?
    Sleeves in a concrete building. Why can't I have a sleeve object that will cut out my concrete? I could use a shaft, but shafts don't cut framing. So when I have to put a sleeve in a concrete beam, I have to add an opening by face to the beam and an opening by face or modify the boundary. Why do I have to do 2 operations. I just want to put a hole in the floor. Do they think you never do this or what? Why do I have to do everything twice?

Pier voids are the same way. Why can't a create a column family with a void at the top so it cuts out the wall, like it's going to be built.

Hey Factory Guy......
    Over 200 support requests in and only 1 solution; 150 bad workarounds and 49 can't do it's. So either ramp up that development team and fire all your sales guys until the program works correctly. I spend more time working around and filling out SR's than I do actual modeling.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sleeves

Here's another question, when I place an opening on the face of a beam and change the width, why dose the opening move. It's not related to the beam, it's related to the opening in the floor that corresponds to the water closet/sink location.
    Which move all the time so again, it be nice to have one object to fix/move verses many. I hate doing things twice.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sleeves

Really, no one has any idea on how to do this or better accomplish it?
    Back to drawing lines I guess.