Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese Roof

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Chinese Roof

Hehehe. I graduated from ITT with a ****** drafting degree and honestly.. they don't teach me anything. Pretty much just throw the text book at me and expect stuff to happen. I learn Revit off Youtube and Google search.

It been almost a year since I graduate and still haven't find a job, which mean no employer like ITT graduate due to poor education system there. Reason why I still haven't got hire is because i have no work experience in the field. I'm going back to school though, not sure what to study yet but definitely something in medical field.

This project i'm doing / practicing is volunteer work. Its for a Buddhist Temple. And I would like to thanks everyone for helping me.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Chinese Roof

Quote Originally Posted by vgonzales View Post
    Is this what you were trying to do?
    It is close but not perfect the hip roof ridge line is not tangent to the curved transitions but the roof edges are.

I made the custom corners as wedge shaped generic components (8 total) mirrored along the angled ridge line (shown grey). Roof is sloped 9:12.

Hope this helps.
    Hello anyone, Please upload a video on youtube show how to create a Chinese Roof. Thank you very much.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Chinese Roof

Those roofs are too simplistic.They need a lot of detail like tiles but I have no idea how to make them.
    I think it may be possible to by using adaptive components but I can't figure out how to make them.
    I did find few Chinese buildings on the net so it is entirely possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123