Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Desktop - Label Station/Offset & TIN Elevation

Login to Give a bone

Default Land Desktop - Label Station/Offset & TIN Elevation

Hi,

I've been successful in combining some LDD commands into one command sequence, but this one (I believe) requires one variable be passed to both component routines....

For example:
    (Hypothetical scenario - this code does not work)
    Code:
    ;;; Label Station/Offset & TIN Elevation (in Plan View)
    (defun c:SOE (/ pt1 sta1 elev1 lbl1 )
      (setq pt1 (getpoint))
      (ad_mnl)
      (zz_sdsk '(f:adcmds 21))     ; List station/offset
      ;; Get the output from LDD, and store
      (setq sta1 (c:LDD))
      (dt_mnl)
      (zz_sdsk '(dt_elevid))    ; List surface elevation
    ;; Get the output from LDD, and store
      (setq elev1 (c:LDD))
      (setq lbl1 (strcat sta1 "//p" elev1))
      ;|Insert leader and text into drawing here|;
      (princ)) ;_end defun
    I pulled the LDD functionality from the command macros found in the CUI. I am unable to find the source LISP in the "land" directory.
    (Platform: AutoCAD 2009 Land Desktop Companion)

I couldn't find anything in a quick AUGI search. If there is already material documented, I'd be happy to work through myself first (if you can point me the right way), I just couldn't find anything like this.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by RenderMan; 2010-04-30 at 07:58 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Land Desktop - Label Station/Offset & TIN Elevation

I'll load this and give it a look tomorrow, but I can tell you that (c:LDD) is not a command. All commands (in the menu) for LDD are prefixed with ;LDD in the cui/mnu (depending on version) to echo "LDD" to the commandline instead of the command string/sequence required. (c:LDD) would only execute the last LDD command issued (not a reliable option).
    I had several commands I wrote for LDD that I extracted from the CUI, so it is possible (most of the time), but I don't think you are going to be able to retrieve any data from one of the LDD commands. However, I could be wrong. If I'm not, I'm sure the desired data could be extrapolated another way.
    I'll look for my LDD commands and post them as some more examples of manipulating LDD commands (switched to C3D, so not 100% sure where they are).

On a side note, I noticed you work for WilsonMiller. Do you work in the Tallahassee, FL branch? I work in Tallahassee myself.

Login to Give a bone

Alanjt,

Thanks for the quick response!

Sorry to have been unclear.... I can tell you now that the code posted will NOT work, as I was formulating a theoretical method for passing the single point input (specified by the user) to the LDD routines, and then store a part (substr?) of the resulting data for use in a custom leader/Mtext label. (i.e., the code was written on the fly with no testing).

I work for WilsonMiller's Sarasota, FL office, but I am familiar with some of our staff up there in Tallahassee, FL.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Were you able to get anywhere with this?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by alanjt View Post
    Were you able to get anywhere with this?
    Sadly, no, I have not.

I have a submittal this week that requires my attention at the moment. But I will reply here when I am able to make some progress.

Cheers!

Computer Specs:

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Sadly, no, I have not.

I have a submittal this week that requires my attention at the moment. But I will reply here when I am able to make some progress.

Cheers!
    No worries. I've been dealing with finals.

When you are ready, give me a shout. I'm more than happy to help out as best as I can. If I get a chance to look at LDD, I'll see what I can figure out. If you have an example, it would help things greatly.
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2016-09-17 at 10:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

No worries. I've been dealing with finals.

When you are ready, give me a shout. I'm more than happy to help out as best as I can. If I get a chance to look at LDD, I'll see what I can figure out. If you have an example, it would help things greatly.
    I appreciate both your help, and patience!

The part I see as being an indicator of potential success, is first determining if the LDD command source code is accessable, or not. (i.e. LISP, etc.)

I'm not sure where to look exactly... I started to parse the [FilePath]\Land\ directory, but so far a Windows Explorer search for the displayed text strings in LDD, have yielded no results.

Computer Specs:

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    I appreciate both your help, and patience!

The part I see as being an indicator of potential success, is first determining if the LDD command source code is accessable, or not. (i.e. LISP, etc.)

I'm not sure where to look exactly... I started to parse the [FilePath]\Land\ directory, but so far a Windows Explorer search for the displayed text strings in LDD, have yielded no results.
    LDD has a few LISP routines (in the root), but they are mostly bad macros and the layer control commmands (LAS, LAI, etc.). Your best bet to find information is to dig through your CUI and get the actual command calls. Problem is, I don't see how you are going to be able to extract data from the LDD commands. You'll probably have to roll it yourself.

If you post me an example drawing and what you are trying to extract, I'll dig through it this weekend and see what I can figure out. I did quite a bit of programming for LDD, but havn't since we switched to C3D, so I'm a little rusty on dealing with LDD objects. However, with a little digging, I'm sure it's possible. I would also suggest looking through the LDD programming/API help file. In can be a pain to dig through, but it will give you the information regarding what can/cannot be accomplished and how to do it (you'll just have to interpret it and 'convert' it to LISP formatting).
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2016-09-17 at 10:16 PM.

Login to Give a bone

LDD has a few LISP routines (in the root), but they are mostly bad macros and the layer control commmands (LAS, LAI, etc.). Your best bet to find information is to dig through your CUI and get the actual command calls. Problem is, I don't see how you are going to be able to extract data from the LDD commands. You'll probably have to roll it yourself.

If you post me an example drawing and what you are trying to extract, I'll dig through it this weekend and see what I can figure out. I did quite a bit of programming for LDD, but havn't since we switched to C3D, so I'm a little rusty on dealing with LDD objects. However, with a little digging, I'm sure it's possible. I would also suggest looking through the LDD programming/API help file. In can be a pain to dig through, but it will give you the information regarding what can/cannot be accomplished and how to do it (you'll just have to interpret it and 'convert' it to LISP formatting).
    I appreciate the offer; you certainly should not give up part of your weekend for this.

As for posting a sample drawing, I don't believe this will help. Because the information I am attempting to extract resides within the project database (i.e., Alignments, TIN, etc.).

Instead, I think I will simply read up (as part of my weekend ) and find a way to extract the TIN elevation via LISP. I already have a routine that will Label Station/Offset, and am confident that I can tweak it to include the TIN elevation... once I learn how to query that location (Station/Offset) against the TIN.

Cheers!

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

I just came across some code that seems to work at getting the surface elevation. I'll post the code here once I combine the two routines.

I do not have working knowledge of the object oriented method for code. Can you recommend any materials (books, PDFs, websites), or AU courses, etc?

Cheers!

Computer Specs:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast