See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 paperspace background color

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2011 paperspace background color

Quote Originally Posted by USMCBody View Post
    I know you can turn it off, but you lose some functionality. like forgetting you are in paper space at times....
    So turn off the background (a great waste of screen area) and display modelspace and layout tabs. ~simples~

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Design is subjective, not universal. Or law. Start working on a grass-roots user movement to change it at Autodesk. oh wait, we already are that
    Screen appearance is done by committees at software companies with lots of user feedback (usually younger folks with time on their hands). I doubt one guy woke up one morning, changed it, and no one up or down the chain of command for the product questioned it. It's a cute fantasy, but if anyone here works for a publicly traded giant corporation you know it does not happen that way. Ever.

You will always find someone willing to do something for a fee upfront, but I'm not that rich like you. Enjoy for spending.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I'm guessing you mean turn off the paper background... Yes when I have to I will. And Yes my model and paper spaces tabs are showing And they are very useful, but just like the command line (and it's happened to all of us at one point) it is easily ignored... because we get caught in the trap of wondering why it is not working because it should... and don't look at the edges of our 'vision'

Will I live sure, but I love the fact deep down that AutoCAD is versatile enough to do anything, and I'm not too hot on the Idea, Like in Revit, that someone else is thinking that they know what I need to do. Rather than make a tool that is versatile enough for me to use it the way I want... Even if I'm that guy that thinks paper space is the devil... for the record I'm not...

Login to Give a bone

this is all interesting to read but what I have done is started using just model space and creating a template of my title block there and using the plot window option to stay away from the glare of the layout space this might possibly be something you might try. at least it is a option take it or leave it

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bgriffith943722 View Post
    this is all interesting to read but what I have done is started using just model space and creating a template of my title block there and using the plot window option to stay away from the glare of the layout space this might possibly be something you might try. at least it is a option take it or leave it
    1984 all over again!
    Yeah, this is the original way of using cad - quite a few people still use it - but only for relatively simple drawings.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.bunbun605725 View Post
    It is the paper background color that we can not change that has been change from 2010 to 2011 from a darker grey to a whiteish grey.
    The new color is incredibly hard on the eyes esspecially in contrast to the black layout color most people use. On my monitors the color is so bright I litterally have to squint to look at the screen.
    Yes the paper background can be turned off however having it on is a great way to differentiate where the paper is and whether you are in a model tab or a layout tab.
    At the very least give us the control to change this color.
    So here we are, almost THREE years since this thread was started, and nothing has changed.

FWIW Andrew, I agree with your thoughts 100%.
    It was OK, and they broke it....and for what reason? Who knows???
    I can assure you that nobody was complaining that the older gray was too dark..
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123