See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Type Fonts!!!

Login to Give a bone

Default True Type Fonts!!!

The TTF that I want to use is loaded in the "Window Font Folder", but does not show up in the "Text Style" dialogue box in AutoCAD. I have noticed that several TTF's do not show up in AutoCAD. Has anyone run into this issue. I am using AutoCAD 2009.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: True Type Fonts!!!

HELLO
    TRY AUTOCAD 2011

Login to Give a bone

Did you try reinstalling them? (windows/fonts file pulldown menu) I also had a situation where the font was corrupt on one machine but not another. The date and byte count were the same but I copied the font from the good machine and overwrote the problem machine and it fixed the issue.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by weberandtinnen View Post
    The TTF that I want to use is loaded in the "Window Font Folder", but does not show up in the "Text Style" dialogue box in AutoCAD. I have noticed that several TTF's do not show up in AutoCAD. Has anyone run into this issue. I am using AutoCAD 2009.
    IIRC, if you have an shx file and a ttf file with the same name, only the shx will show in the Style selection box.

Login to Give a bone

I do not think that the font is corrupted because it shows up properly in my clients titleblock. I took "Jaberwok's" suggestion and moved the "romand.shx" font to the recycle bin and restarted AutCAD. No luck there. I am trying to make the titleblock "Sheet Set" aware and created a new "Text Style" to match theirs, but the "RomanD.ttf" font that I want to use does not show up in the pull down; romand.shx shows up. So I am still having an issue.

Thanks

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I do not think that the font is corrupted because it shows up properly in my clients titleblock. I took "Jaberwok's" suggestion and moved the "romand.shx" font to the recycle bin and restarted AutCAD. No luck there. I am trying to make the titleblock "Sheet Set" aware and created a new "Text Style" to match theirs, but the "RomanD.ttf" font that I want to use does not show up in the pull down; romand.shx shows up. So I am still having an issue.

Thanks
    I have recently discovered in dealing with TTF's is not only do you have to place it in you Windows Font File you ALSO (like with most windows updates) have to reboot your computer before it will show. So try to reboot and see if that works.

Login to Give a bone

I just rebooted the machine, with no success. The font that I want to use is not the only"ttf" that does not show up in the AutoCAD list. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Gang!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks
    Don't be tempted to rename the ROMAND__.ttf file by deleting the 2 trailing underscores (as I have just done). Windows now reports it as an invalid file.

The ttf files supplied with acad are intended for use in the mtext editor (which ONLY uses ttf files) as temporary substitutes for their shx files.

Login to Give a bone

from help:
    The In-Place Text Editor can display only fonts that are recognized by Microsoft Windows. Because SHX fonts are not recognized by Windows, a TrueType equivalent is supplied in the In-Place Text Editor when you select an SHX or any other non-TrueType font for editing.

Here is what I got when I tried to create from command line (using -style)

Specify full font name or font filename (TTF or SHX) <txt>: romand__.ttf
    Font reserved for display of SHX font in MTEXT dialog.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: True Type Fonts!!!

I would not even think about renaming a file at this point in time. The machine might start to smoke! I went onto our other CAD station to see what came up in the "Text Styles" dialogue box. Some fonts are the same and some aren't. I really do not understand how I could be having this kind of problem if AutoCAD looks at both the "Windows" and "AutoCAD" font folders. Very frustrating at this point in time. I would use a different font, but the client is retentive about their titleblock, which I do not blame them for being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast