Thread: Archotectural Pratice Drawings

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Archotectural Pratice Drawings

Im a sophmore in my highschool but very skilled with autocad as far as architecture and house design. i want to know if i can get some drawings to just play around and preactice with. and help is appreciated.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Archotectural Pratice Drawings

Best thing to get practice on is the Architectural Floor Plan books you can find at Home Depot, Lowes, Barnes and Noble.

They're full of floor plans and elevations but, not enough to where you can actually make a set of working plans without some knowledge of how these things are built.

If you have an opportunity, get into some classes on Autocad Architecture or even Autocad Revit. You might also check to see if you can get an email address through your school (Check with your drafting instructor) and then you can get on the Autodesk Student website. A huge wealth of information and lots of free software to use in your education. It's all free to students and faculty. If your instructor has any questions, tell him to drop me a line and I'll help any way that I can.

Autocad is a great tool to get your feet wet on but, there are much better tools for doing architecture. Autocad itself can be used for anything from jewelry design to designing battleships.

The Autocad Architecture and Revit Architecture programs are geared directly towards Architecture and will definitely help you learn more about designing and not have to know all the ins and outs of basic drafting. For example, you draw a wall, not one line, then offset it 8" to make a wall.

Hope that helps.
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!