Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there an AutoCad 2011 "bug list"?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Is there an AutoCad 2011 "bug list"?

Could be somewhere right in front of me, but I don't see it...

(Trying to decide whether to upgrade now, or wait for the inevitable revised release...)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there an AutoCad 2011 "bug list"?

Steve Johnson used to maintain the Bug Watch over at Cadalyst. Not sure if this is still active or not.

Short of that, you can just browse the 2011 newsgroup over at Autodesk. For the first couple of months, the only thing you will see in a new NG like this is complaints. Here is one such thread:
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum...hreadID=767916
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the heads-up... I think I ought to wait a bit, to make sure I not gonna get caught up in problems (but I've got this brand new 64-bit beast of a machine here just burning a hole in my pocket...).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by crbateman View Post
    I've got this brand new 64-bit beast of a machine here just burning a hole in my pocket.
    You really ought to put it down on or under a desk.

Login to Give a bone

If you are on subscription, you could install and use 2011 as needed/required and install and use the older version in a VM or in 32-bit mode in Win7....
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the heads-up... I think I ought to wait a bit, to make sure I not gonna get caught up in problems (but I've got this brand new 64-bit beast of a machine here just burning a hole in my pocket...).
    Only you can determine if there are "bugs" or "features". At the very least, if you don't have subscription, get a trial version and see how it works within your set-up (hardware, work processes, and customizations).

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    Only you can determine if there are "bugs" or "features".
    I agree, what may be a bug for one person may be something that isnt a bug for you because you never deal with it. One such "bug" is when mirroring and deleting the original objects, if you hover over the new objects, they highlight and stay highlighted. I however was unable to experience this bug, because of my selectionpreview system variable setting. So to me it isnt a bug, but for you, it may be an issue you cant live with. Another such "bug" is that 2011 broke our kip plotter drivers. This was an issue we couldnt live with, and I was forced to hold off until Kip released new drivers. (obviously if you cant print, you really cant use the software).

You'll never know until you use it in production.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Guys, while I understand what you are saying, if a part of the program is not working properly, it's a bug whether I'm going to use it or not. I'd much rather know whether or not I'm going to run into problems with certain features by reading about it in advance, than to shell out a couple of thou$ and then find out the hard way, since this method always seems to happen at a critical moment. I'm just weird that way...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Guys, while I understand what you are saying, if a part of the program is not working properly, it's a bug whether I'm going to use it or not. I'd much rather know whether or not I'm going to run into problems with certain features by reading about it in advance, than to shell out a couple of thou$ and then find out the hard way, since this method always seems to happen at a critical moment. I'm just weird that way...
    You do know theres FREE trial versions, right?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    You do know theres FREE trial versions, right?
    Yup. Working on getting the DVD one now. Still hope to get a better idea of what to look for, in order to get the max out of the 30-day trial. Somebody was telling me that some of the display anomalies that I have seen mentioned might be a function of the graphics card drivers, so it will be interesting to see how well mine stacks up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast