Thread: Fields in Attributes Problem -Data Extraction from Multiple Drawings

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Fields in Attributes Problem -Data Extraction from Multiple Drawings

Hi all,
    I'm having a problem with Data Extraction in AutoCAD 2010 :
    I'm trying to create a drawing list using data extraction from the titleblocks within a group of drawings. This titleblock has a field for the drawing name, referencing the file name, and a field that references the latest revision info (which is inserted as a block).
    This worked beautifully in 2007. However in 2010 (and 2009), the list reverts all of the fields to whatever the value is in the first drawing on the list. So, my drawing list looks as if all the drawings are "#12345" and all of the revisions are "X".
    As I said, this worked fine in 2007. While I shouldn't have to, I can work around the drawing title by including the the actual file name, but the revision is a different matter.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fields in Attributes Problem -Data Extraction from Multiple Drawings

Have you every try Sheetset list table? Basically if your titleblock field is linked to sheetset, you can extract the information and create drawing list from it.

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fields in Attributes Problem -Data Extraction from Multiple Drawings

Autodesk Subscription Center Support actually helped me out with this.
    Update 2 for 2010 addressed the issue, so I installed that and my problem was solved.

If, for some reason, Update 2 is unavailable to anyone, changing the attribute to not be "constant" would, apparently, do the trick. For some unknown reason, that "constant" makes it constant across the whole group of drawings.