Thread: Civil3d 2011 issues

Login to Give a bone

Default Civil3d 2011 issues

I have one issue, and one question:
    Issue: I have ltscale set to 1, msltscale set to 1, and psltscale set to 1. this makes our linetypes come out right, regardless of dwg scale. when i go to a layout, the ltscale becomes 2, and when i switch back to model space (not floating model) the ltscale is 10. (actual dwg scale set to 20) any ideas why this is happening, and more importantly, how do i fix it?

question: in the Tips and Tricks for AutoCAD 2011 (by Lynn Allen) she says:'A new option of "U" (for upright) can be added to your linetypes to maintain linetype readability in any orientation. how do i use this option in my .lin file? I can't find that anywhere.

Thanx for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil3d 2011 issues

Quote Originally Posted by amaser View Post
    I have one issue, and one question:
    Issue: I have ltscale set to 1, msltscale set to 1, and psltscale set to 1. this makes our linetypes come out right, regardless of dwg scale. when i go to a layout, the ltscale becomes 2, and when i switch back to model space (not floating model) the ltscale is 10. (actual dwg scale set to 20) any ideas why this is happening, and more importantly, how do i fix it?

question: in the Tips and Tricks for AutoCAD 2011 (by Lynn Allen) she says:'A new option of "U" (for upright) can be added to your linetypes to maintain linetype readability in any orientation. how do i use this option in my .lin file? I can't find that anywhere.

Thanx for any help.
    #2) Change the rotation option on your linetype definitions from "R" or "A" to "U".
    See also: http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_we...with-text.html

#1) LTSCALE (or any system variable) should not change just when switching to a layout. Not sure what is going on, unless there is some custom code (yours or otherwise) being run.... And unless you have differently scaled viewports, you can set LTSCALE to 20, and PSLTSCALE to 0.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

that takes care of the linetype question, thanx. now i just need to figure out the scale issue. i don't use the psltscale 0, because many of our dwgs use multiple viewports at different scales, so the linetypes won't come out correctly that way.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

May want to check your drawing settings in the Prospector.
    Right click on your drawing name in the Settings tab and select Drawing Settings. It may have the LTSCALE set to .5XDimScale.
    This is a setting that can be controlled by your template styles and settings to make them all consistant

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Have you tried "regenall" I've had this problem before that autoregen didn't seem to cover the vports??