Thread: revit revision cloud phases

Login to Give a bone

Default revit revision cloud phases

We are having an issue with phases and revision clouds. We have a project where we are now putting out phase 2 drawings and want the revision cloud numbering to start back at 1 for these documents. I.e. We don't want to go to the city with Revision #6 to respond to their 1st city comments and have them ask us about the other 5 revisions - that were from a different phase. Is there any way to restart the numbering or make the revisions so they act separately in different building phase packages?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: revit revision cloud phases

Not to my knowledge. Only way I would guess on how to approach it is save a copy of the Phase 1, to a separate model for archive purposes. and then erase the clods delete/combine revisions, and then start Revisions over.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mhudson.154629 View Post
    We are having an issue with phases and revision clouds. We have a project where we are now putting out phase 2 drawings and want the revision cloud numbering to start back at 1 for these documents. I.e. We don't want to go to the city with Revision #6 to respond to their 1st city comments and have them ask us about the other 5 revisions - that were from a different phase. Is there any way to restart the numbering or make the revisions so they act separately in different building phase packages?
    I have this same issue in our office. I have already issued the upper floors of my model/shop drawings as a Submittal #1 and now need to issue the ground floor as Submittal #2.

I have already made delta 1 revisions to Sub 1. When it comes time to make revisions to Sub 2, I need to start at delta 1 again.

I have looked at many questions and responses to this issue in the forum, some brief, and without the understanding of the need for this process, it seems. It is not an issue of office standards in this case, I believe. It's the nature of working on highrise buildings and breaking the submittals apart to meet schedules.

I did see someone mention a blog for helping with this, but the blog link was not included, and I am still fairly new to working with Revit and couldn't understand the quick fix description.

It would be extremely helpful if someone has info on how to remedy this issue, or to help my come up with a better way to manage multiple submittals from one model. I have read of some manual work-a-rounds, but as others have noted, you then lose some of the links/beauty of working in this program and are bound to make mistakes and miss something when it's time to submit.

Best regards and thanks!

Login to Give a bone

We have recently been getting into this type of scenario, as the owner are wanting to have early packages. We've broken the models apart. We have a Shell model, which is the first package. It has 3 phases; Existing, New Construction, Submittal #2. This allows the Shell model to go out as New Construction but allows us to make changes for the OTHER model during the "Submittal #2" phase of the Shell model.

It's a pain to go back and forth between the models, but it allows us to show the Shell model as "Existing" and keeps our revisions separate.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You could always keep the numbering sequence intact, and then just create a generic annotation delta tag that you place and fill out manually.