Thread: Failed to publish to the selected library.

Login to Give a bone

Question Failed to publish to the selected library.

When attempting to modified the contents of certain copied libraries such as one based on the 'Hex Cap Screw - Inch' we get the following error: " Failed to publish to the selected library. "

When attempting to delete the copied libraries we get the following error: " There was a problem encountered while communicating with the server. Please check the network connection and server status. "

The Vault server status is fine and have no other problems accessing or placing Content Center parts.

The only observation I have made is that it seems to only happen when dealing with libraries that have a considerable number of family variations. For example modifying a copy of 'Heavy Hex Structural Bolt - Inch' which contains 427 variations, we have absolutely no issue. When we attempt the same operations on the 'Hex Cap Screw - Inch' which contains 881 variations, we get the errors described above.

I have yet to find a definitive cut off range to the number of variations in proportion to the errors.

We are currently using Inventor 2009 SP2 and Vault 2009 13.0.47.0

Any suggestions of what the cause of this problem is, are greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Failed to publish to the selected library.

It seems to be related to the size of the library. I created a new library and copied just what I needed to cut down on the size and we now have no issue.