Thread: Aligning Annotation

Login to Give a bone

Default Aligning Annotation

There's got to be a better way...

How do I align leadered text and tags with leaders? I use a two segment leader, an angled line with an arrowhead connected to a short horizonal line leading to the text for both cases. Leadered text will "snap" to other leadered text. Tags will snap to other tags. But leadered text will not snap to tags. I hate to say this, but this task is easy in ACAD.

How do I align call out detail bubbles? In a building section, I want to reference by callout details. I would like to have the detail bubbles align both horizontally and vertically, but they will not snap to each other.

How do I get section cut heads (detail bubbles) to align with grid line bubbles?

Thank you,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Aligning Annotation

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.Allen View Post
    I hate to say this, but this task is easy in ACAD.
    Not saying it would be a nice tool to have, but Text and Tags are two fundamentally different things. What kind of Tags do you want to align? Typically something like a Room Tag or a Window Tag is going to have some sort of Graphics associated with it.
    Keynotes, I could see. They will align with some other Tags, but not Text.

Bottom line, though, if I had my choice between the information being accurate, and automatically lining up, I'll go with the accuracy.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Aligning Annotation

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Not saying it would be a nice tool to have, but Text and Tags are two fundamentally different things. What kind of Tags do you want to align? Typically something like a Room Tag or a Window Tag is going to have some sort of Graphics associated with it.
    Keynotes, I could see. They will align with some other Tags, but not Text.

Bottom line, though, if I had my choice between the information being accurate, and automatically lining up, I'll go with the accuracy.
    Beam tag, column tag, wall tag, etc.

I use leaders for the above. In doing so, they look remarkably similar to dumb leadered text. It would be nice if I could get them to align.

Yes, I can get tags to align with each other. I can get leadered text to align with other leadered text.

I would rather not have to make a choice between accuracy and appearance. I would like to have both.

Thanks for your response.