Thread: Night scene rendering

Login to Give a bone

Default Night scene rendering

Hello! I am trying to render building site nigth lighting for my school project to see if the spotlights on site are located right. But only thing what I can get is just a low light around the lighting object. Maybe someone knows how to get spotlight like 1000W strong with bright and strong light beam? Thank you!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Night scene rendering

Quote Originally Posted by nikolajspelss View Post
    Hello! I am trying to render building site nigth lighting for my school project to see if the spotlights on site are located right. But only thing what I can get is just a low light around the lighting object. Maybe someone knows how to get spotlight like 1000W strong with bright and strong light beam? Thank you!
    Could you post a file? There are a couple things you could try:
    1. The Intensity of the light itself - in the type properties of the family there should be a setting for initial lighting levels - make sure that's high enough.
    2. The exposure of the scene - After you render hit the "adjust exposure" button and you can change the photographic exposure levels - it may just be underexposed.
    3. Make sure the light source is not hidden or obscured by something.
    Hope that helps...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Night scene rendering

I changed initial intensity from 250W to 1000W, but it didn't improve much.I could have made it 5000W, but the idea is that, the light in rendering is like everywhere around the lightning fixture and that's not how it should be in real life. I want to get strong and bright light beam which is aimed on structure just like in second picture I have attached. I tried to change light source definition of lightning fixture from hemispherical to spot+ played around with lightning fixture angles but it didn't end up good. My project is too big and I can't attach it here, but maybe you could take a look at the lightning fixture I am using. I would be very grateful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files