Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revit 2010 - Plot PDF to Combine into One Document Gets Stuck

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2010 - Plot PDF to Combine into One Document Gets Stuck

A user this morning tried to print a multiple page pdf document from Revit 2010 using AdobePDF. The document printed fine, but then kept attempting to reprint itself, getting stuck in a loop. We thought we had sucessfully cancelled the print by hitting Esc, and getting the "Printing Interrupted" dialog, but after we hit Ok, it went back into the "Save PDF As" dialog and started printing again. Has anyone run into this before?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2010 - Plot PDF to Combine into One Document Gets Stuck

I had this problem when using the bluebeam "printer". It seams to go until it prints each page x the number of pages to 4 pages would print each page 4 times. Using a different pdf creator seams to help sometimes.

Login to Give a bone

This has come up with a few of our users. One possible thing to check is if you are using a Sheet Set that is already in the project. For whatever reason it seems that these already defined Sheet Set get fumbled up somehow. BUt creating a new one from scratch has solved the problem everytime so far.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eric.piotrowicz View Post
    This has come up with a few of our users. One possible thing to check is if you are using a Sheet Set that is already in the project. For whatever reason it seems that these already defined Sheet Set get fumbled up somehow. BUt creating a new one from scratch has solved the problem everytime so far.
    I got slammed with this printing loop today using the Adobe Acrobat 9.3.4 print driver on a brand new sheet set (first time printing from the project). Printing 25 sheets to a one set pdf and I had to hit the X at least a hundred times to get it to stop. Very annoying when one is on a deadline. I'll have to go back to printing single sheets and combining them with Acrobat after the fact I guess...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I am currently seeing this issue in Revit 2011. Has anyone had any luck with a solution. We are using pdf-xchange and i have tried the above about creating a new set. That did not work.

Login to Give a bone

I am seeing this issue in 2011 this morning. Fresh install, Latest version of Adobe 9. I can't be 100% sure but it seems like it happens once your set is over a certain number of sheets. I don't remember ever having this issue when printing 2 or 3 sheets but as soon as I try to print 25 sheets I get screwed and have to spend the next 30 mins cancelling print jobs...

Login to Give a bone

I just killed the spoolsv.exe process in task manager and it helped. Now I only have to click close on a "Cannot Print" message box for every sheet, it's a little faster than cancelling the print jobs one at a time...

Login to Give a bone

I make it a point to SWC before I print so that if something SNAFUs I can always crash Revit instead of dealing with the inability to cancel the entire job.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

We tested a few more pdf printers and PDF Creator seems to work everytime no issues for us. Not sure what everyone else uses.

Login to Give a bone

This may have been fixed by now (Revit 2012), I haven't checked. But the multiple printing was happening because in the selected views/sheets dialog, multiple views/sheets were selected. That is, in addition to multiple views/sheets being "checked" they were also "selected" (multiple sheets/view names were highlighted in dark blue). If you deselect ( but leaving multiples checked) the printing would run as expected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast