Thread: CUI - How do I assign pop menus to the click-shift and control-shift mouse button

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default CUI - How do I assign pop menus to the click-shift and control-shift mouse button

In Acad2007, I've pretty much figured out how to use the new CUI Customization tool to do just about everything except:
    How dow I assign these pop menus to the click-shft and cntrl-shift mouse buttons. The CUI tool won't let me drag them there from my old mnu file??
    (shown below are the old-style mnu portions I'd like to assign)

Thanks for any and all help,
    Mike

PS - I have looked for previous threads regarding this subject and realize that there are several near-hits. I would appreciate a simple "starter" set of directions (e.g., which panes to load which menus in, how to even get to the macros for the buttons, etc.) rather than links to past posts which I've already visited. Thanks again.

***AUX2
    // Shift + button
    $P0=CURSOR2 $p0=*

***AUX3
    // Control + button
    $P0=3DVIEW $p0=*
    **CURSOR2
    [Mike's Cursor Menu]
    ID_Copy [Copy]^C^C_copy
    ID_Mirror [Mirror]^C^C_mirror
    ID_Offset [Offset]^C^C_offset
    ID_Array [Array]^C^C_array
    [--]
    ID_Move [Mo&ve]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_move,^C^C_move)
    ID_Rotate [&Rotate]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_rotate,^C^C_r otate)
    ID_Scale [Sca&le]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_scale,^C^C_sca le)
    ID_Stretch [Stretc&h]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_stretch,^C^C _stretch)
    ID_Lengthen [Len&gthen]^C^C_lengthen
    [--]
    ID_Pedit [&Pedit]^C^C_pedit
    ID_Trim [&Trim]^C^C_trim
    ID_Btrim [Btrim]^C^C-btrim
    ID_Extend [Exten&d]^C^C_extend
    ID_Break [Brea&k]^C^C_break
    ID_Chamfer [&Chamfer]^C^C_chamfer
    ID_Fillet [&Fillet]^C^C_fillet

**3DVIEW
    [3D Views]
    ID_VpointTop [Top]^C^C_vpoint _non *0,0,1
    ID_VpointBot [Bottom]^C^C_vpoint _non *0,0,-1
    ID_VpointLef [Left]^C^C_vpoint _non *-1,0,0
    ID_VpointRig [Right]^C^C_vpoint _non *1,0,0
    ID_VpointFro [Front]^C^C_vpoint _non *0,-1,0
    ID_VpointBac [Back]^C^C_vpoint _non *0,1,0
    [--]
    ID_VpointSW [SW Isometric]^C^C_vpoint _non *-1,-1,1
    ID_VpointSE [SE Isometric]^C^C_vpoint _non *1,-1,1
    ID_VpointNE [NE Isometric]^C^C_vpoint _non *1,1,1
    ID_VpointNW [NW Isometric]^C^C_vpoint _non *-1,1,1
    [--]
    ID_UCSF [UCS Front]^C^C_ucs w ucs x 90
    ID_UCSB [UCS Back]^C^C_ucs w ucs x 90 ucs y 180
    ID_UCSR [UCS Right]^C^C_ucs w ucs x 90 ucs y 90
    ID_UCSL [UCS Left]^C^C_ucs w ucs x 90 ucs y -90
    ID_UCSZ [UCS Z Axis]^C^C_ucs w ucs za
    ID_UCSW [UCS World]^C^C_ucs w

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI - How do I assign pop menus to the click-shift and control-shift mouse button

Hi Mike

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Plus, please note I *deleted* your duplicate post from the AutoCAD Customization forum, as per the "AUGI Forum Guidelines - Forum Don'ts"...

<snip>
    Do not post the same question to more than one Forum at a time. The term for this is "Cross-Forum Posting" which can be quite confusing and will complicate the Forum process. All but one of the posts will be deleted by the moderators.
    </snip>

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI - How do I assign pop menus to the click-shift and control-shift mouse button

You need to create a command that does the same thing as AUX2, and then drag-and-drop that new command into the desired button. The core AutoCAD Grips Menu shows the basic approach.

Login to Give a bone

I created a command with the following syntax "^P$p0=user.pop501a $p0=*". I assigned it to the Main.cui's Ctrl+Shift+Click Button 2 and the standard osnap pop still comes up. It's getting it from the Acad.cui I guess. Do I have to delete the Acad entry for the main.cui entry to work?

Buttons are not available in the enterprise menu under Mouse Buttons.

My menus are as follows...
    Main Menu - Main.cui
    User.cui - partial to Main

Enterprise Menu - cbi.cui
    Partials...Acad, Express, Discipline specific menus

I do not change the standard Acad cui so that at an upgrade I don't have to re-edit the Acad menu. I prefer to place it in the Main.cui. I would have hoped that this would overrider the settings in Acad.

Any ideas?

Tim

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.h.sparks View Post
    I created a command with the following syntax "^P$p0=user.pop501a $p0=*". I assigned it to the Main.cui's Ctrl+Shift+Click Button 2 and the standard osnap pop still comes up. It's getting it from the Acad.cui I guess. Do I have to delete the Acad entry for the main.cui entry to work?

Buttons are not available in the enterprise menu under Mouse Buttons.

My menus are as follows...
    Main Menu - Main.cui
    User.cui - partial to Main

Enterprise Menu - cbi.cui
    Partials...Acad, Express, Discipline specific menus
    Shortcut menus in multiple files are not supported. However, you may be able to use the following Visual LISP code in you main's MNL file:
    Code:
    (menucmd “P0=user.pop501a”)
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Bob,

The purpose of a click is to activate a shortcut menu.
    I have several menus items in the menu that redefine p0 and call it at the same time. ($p0=*)

I would guess that the command in the mnl would work since I use that a lot to define the other pulldowns, but p0 is redefined on the fly for other things in my menus, and btw, that is working just fine.

Right now I have the syntax set to Ctrl+M and that works fine, but would rather have it be a Ctrl+Shift+Click (Button 2 for the right click).

Does that mean I have to delete the definition in the Acad cui for something in the main cui to work?

Thanks for replying. It's great to see you still answering questions for all these years on forums.

Tim

Login to Give a bone

What if you try the menucmd Visual LISP function in the command macro?

I talked to one of the developers of the CUI about the shortcut menu issue. He was surprised that shortcut menus even worked from the enterprise structure, which was discouraging to say the least.

I think I'm going to bring this up again with him. If you could submit feedback to Autodesk at their website about the need to have shortcut menus located in multiple CUIx files perhaps we can get some traction on this.

BTW, thanks!
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.