Thread: Missing access to worksets Revit 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Missing access to worksets Revit 2011

I have been running into a workset problem on one of my files recently.

Background: The main model file is for an "infill building" linking two existing structures. I have the two other structures and a site file linked together with the infill building. Worksets are only enabled in the infill building file. The site and the two other structures are on respective worksets in the infill building file.

The problem: When opening the infill building model and going to worksets, there are no worksets showing in the dialog box. I can switch the active workset from the staus bar. I can't evne create new worksets in the dialog box. The only way for me to be able to see the woksets in the dialog box is to reopen the file with detach from central checked. Once saved, the missing worksets in the dialog box occur again.

Any thoughts?

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing access to worksets Revit 2011

That's strange!!

Does this happen on any other computers running Revit? What Show Workset filter is checked when you open the Worksets Dialog? What happens when you Synchronize with Central? Are you opening the central file itself or create a local file?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your response Steve.

Unfortunately, I only have one installation. I will try an install on my laptop to test it. It doesn't make a difference which filter is on. Same behavior with all. Sync with central causes a crash. Tried it with both local and central files.

Wonder if it may be a 3rd party app causing a problem. How can I temporarily disable add-ins?

Login to Give a bone

The Revit Clinic has a recent post for disabling Add-ins. Which add-ins are you using?

What happens if you make a new project and enable worksharing?

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Missing access to worksets Revit 2011

Thanks, I was able to remember how to disable them.

I isolated the problem to Eaglepoint's LandCad for Revit as the culprit. When I disabled it, the worksets behaved.

I will contact Eaglepoint monday with the issue and let them figure out the bug.

Thanks again for your help Steve.

Login to Give a bone

Glad you found away around the issue. Odd that it would affect the workset display. I sent an email to someone I know at Eaglepoint to let him know about this thread too. Hopefully they will sort it out easily.

Login to Give a bone

I was having a similar issue. I placed a post about it on my blog and got some comments back, one of which directed me to this thread. Steve's reply about the factory post (and disabling addons) did the trick! (Isn't the Internet great? Blog post > Comment > Link to AUGI > Post > Link to Factory > Success! )

Anyhow, here is the summary: In Revit Arch and MEP 2011, I could create a Workshared project, but the next time I tried to open the Worksets dialog, I would crash Revit. STC worked, Save worked, just if you click Worksets, poof.

So, I dragged all Addins to my desktop, tried it, it worked fine. SOOO, I began adding them back to the folder one at a time.

Worksharing monitor - check
    Batch Plot - check
    MEP Space Naming - check
    Revit DB Link - check
    Model Review - check
    Google Link - check
    Avatech Utilities - check (so glad this wasn't it. I use these tools all the time - great stuff).
    Revit Extensions - POOF - This is the one!

When I launch, I get the following error:

Revit cannot run the external application "ARECRevitStart" contact the provide of this external tool with the information below

System.IO.FileLoadException
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'AREXManager,
    Version=2011.0.0.1408, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The
    parameter is incorrect. ﴾Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 ﴾E_INVALIDARG﴿﴿
    File name: 'AREXManager, Version=2011.0.0.1408, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ‐‐‐>
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast﴾String path, Boolean fullCheck﴿
    at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal﴾String path﴿
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames﴾String path, String userPathOriginal,
    String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption﴿
    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories﴾String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption
    searchOption﴿
    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories﴾String path﴿
    at 16X1KUK4svrrlwHMOP.vhGAR3PPbtEL1aD7bU.7KsIl5cW4﴾Object , ResolveEventArgs , String ,
    Assembly ﴿
    at System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent﴾String assemblyFullName﴿
    at REX.Common.Start.REXStartProxy.OnStartup﴾﴿
    at REX.AREXRevitStart.AREXRevitStart.OnStartup﴾UIControlledApplication application﴿
    at revitManagedAppStartup﴾MFCApp* pMFCApp, AString* assemblyName, AString* className,
    AString* exceptionName, AString* exceptionMessage﴿

You can click CLose and continue. Now admitedly, this is not the first time I have seen this error. I just figured, well, until I need that addon, I won't worry about it. Silly me. Well, I have uninstalled it, submitted the report to Autodesk and all systems seem to be a go now.

Thanks to the folks who posted on my blog and helped out here.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

We have something similar occuring in 2011, but only with one job. However, its not as detrimental.

When a user opens a local copy, they entire workset panel is grayed out, and there is no workset shown in the active workset dialogue. Not in the ribbon, and not in the status bar at the bottom.

Once they go in the workset dialogue- however- both displays rectify themselves.