Thread: AutoCAD 2010 LT lag issue.

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2010 LT lag issue.

When I use the "line command" in AutoCAD LT 2010 there seems to be an excessive amount of lag or the cursor seems choppy. No other commands seem to induce any lag at all and I am certain that my system requirements have been met. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2010 LT lag issue.

Ok. So I figured out that when I use my docking station for my computer the "line command" lags. However, when I use the computer and it is not attached to the dock the command works fine. Does anyone have any information on this issue?

Login to Give a bone

Actually, the problem occurs when I have it plugged in as opposed to running on bettery power. Any suggestions?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Plugged-in, as in power cord?

What 'other' items/software/drives/features etc. run, turn on or off, or do something different based on your Laptop's battery-vs-wired configuration?

Login to Give a bone

It appears as though the system display properties do change when I take the power cord out (I'm working with a laptop if I didn't mention that earlier). So it must be some display setting that changes in order to save power. I've gone through most of the power settings that I can find but nothing has worked so far.

Login to Give a bone

Ok. So I finally resolved this problem on my own. I'm working with a Dell laptop with Windows 7 and there are some Dell specific power settings that were limiting the performance of AutoCAD. To fix it right click the battery icon in the lower right of the screen and select Power Options. Next, choose Change plan settings on which ever Power Plan you are using. Now click Change advanced power settings. When that opens click the plus sign on Dell Enhanced Settings. Click the plus sign on Aero Glass and finally, disable the Aero Glass. This fix will probably also work if Aero Glass is enabled both when the laptop is plugged in and unplugged, its just needs to be disabled in both cases. Hope this helps someone in the future.