Thread: Create Report of Search Results from Design Center Search Feature

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Create Report of Search Results from Design Center Search Feature

Summary: The ability to create, print, or save a report of the results from the search feature of the Design Center

Description: be able to print/copy paste or save report of the list created when searching for drawings/xrefs etc that are contained with files when using the design centres seach function.

How Used: recently an xref drawing was updated and I had to search for all drawings that contained it and print out all the new drawings. As i was unable to print the list, I had to make a copy of the screen, open MS Paint, edit in paint then print the list that way. I'm sure other people must want to have a hard copy of xrefs etc that are attached to other drawings.

Feature Affinity: Design Center

Submitted By: Wayne Peacock on August 25, 2009

Thumbs up Re: Create Report of Search Results from Design Center Search Feature

I agree completely with this request. So often, I too have used print screen to capture search resuls. This is OK until the result is so large that it requires a scroll bar to see all the files. Then you need multiple print screens. Being able to export the search results to Excel would be great. Then you could sort the results by filename, date, location, etc. This would be a real time saver.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Create Report of Search Results from Design Center Search Feature

This would be a great feature as we use Design Center to manage our blocks. We have 1000s of blocks and need to get listings sometime to help manage the blocks. We need this feature.