Thread: Rare Animal/Sole User @ Co & Enterprise Use

I could stop if I wanted to CEHill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Rare Animal/Sole User @ Co & Enterprise Use

As a sole AutoCAD (Mechanical ) 2010 user for 1-1/2 years with an international food chemicals company, I am thinking of setting up an Enterprise CUI as our larger company projects are completed via engr. consultants using AutoCAD.

I have developed CAD standards and am considering developing some customizations using the RIBBON and attempting to master the Enterprise CUI concept via the excellent materials from AU2009.
    1. Do others here routinely and successfully share Enterprise CUI's with other engr. consultants?
    2. What are things that you recommend or tips on how to successfully share Enterprise CUI with others?
    Yours,

Clint
    Hill

------------------
    CAD Systems Operation and Management
    Chemical Plant Process + Mechanical Design Focus Areas

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rare Animal/Sole User @ Co & Enterprise Use

As an engineering consultant, I would not accept an enterprise CUIx thrust on me by an external source.

However, I might consider a CUIx provided that could be loaded as a partial CUIx.

The reason the enterprise CUIx cannot be considered is because you are assuming that there is no existing enterprise CUIx already used by the other firm. However, many firms will already have an enterprise CUIx with a structure they need to support their customizations.

Even a partial CUIx will have its own pain. This is because the host CUIx remembers what CUIx files are partial to it. So the other firms would either need a unique profile and CUIx host file for your projects, or your CUIx needs to be written well enough (talking mostly about the MNL file here) that it won't interfere when it is loaded all the time.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

I could stop if I wanted to CEHill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rare Animal/Sole User @ Co & Enterprise Use

My goal is to assist our consultant and not bully them; letting well enough alone. No doubt I must and will experiment much more with the CUIx; methodically setting up and gaining a better understanding of the CUIx paradigm before 'assisting' (harassing) other innocents.

Your AU topics have enlightened me. Now, to let all things CUIx soak in and simmer for a while.
    Last edited by Clinton.Hill; 2010-06-17 at 09:57 PM. Reason: clarification
    Yours,

Clint
    Hill

------------------
    CAD Systems Operation and Management
    Chemical Plant Process + Mechanical Design Focus Areas