Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't seem to purge rogue viewport title in template

Login to Give a bone

Default Can't seem to purge rogue viewport title in template

I'm trying to complete our 2011 project template, and there seems to be a rogue viewport title that I can't remove.

I have views showing with the correct viewport title by default when placed on a sheet. We also have 2 other standard view title types: one that displays the title only without a scale, and another that displays no title at all.

There is a 4th title type that I can't seem to get rid of. There are no views on sheets using this title, but it doesn't show up in the Purge Unused list, either. I have renamed that viewport title type to "Delete" to distinguish it from others.

Something I noticed is that the View Title family used for our default Viewport Title has two types - the one used by the default Viewport Title, and another type that I also renamed to "Delete". The Delete viewport title is now using the Delete view title family. I'm guessing this is why the rogue viewport title doesn't show up in Purge Unused. But the odd thing is that despite this View Title family having 2 types, I cannot delete either one. Delete is grayed on for both types if I right-click on them in the PB.

Any ideas how to get this thing out of here? I tried doing a Select All Instances, but that function doesn't work for Viewports or View Title types unfortunately.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't seem to purge rogue viewport title in template

I renamed mine to match another view title....so I have duplicates....

From what I have read view titles somehow attach themselves to schedules...so even if I delete the offending view title family, the name still shows up in the title types.

I started with a fresh 2011 template....tried my hardest not to import any offending views with the view titles I did not want, and then all the sudden there they were.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You should be able to go into the Family Category, in the Project Broswer, and delete from their. System families like that, sometimes wont purge, like with walls. But you can delete from the file, going thru the project browser.

All AUGI, all the time Alex Page's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by azmz3 View Post
    You should be able to go into the Family Category, in the Project Broswer, and delete from their. System families like that, sometimes wont purge, like with walls. But you can delete from the file, going thru the project browser.
    He mentioned that he has already tried that , and the "delete" is greyed out

Login to Give a bone

Is the offending title shown in a legend? I had one that I couldn't urge until I remembered it was noted in a legend.

Login to Give a bone

I finally zapped that rogue viewport and view title annotation. For some reason it was attached to a particular drafting view, even though that drafting view was set to a different view title.

I copy/pasted the elements of that view into a new drafting view, deleted the old one, and finally was able to get rid of the viewport and view title annotation through Purge Unused. I did notice, however, that the view title annotation itself still would not let me delete it directly in the project browser. Delete on the right-click menu was grayed out the whole time. I could only get rid of it through Purge Unused.

Hopefully the process of copying other views from other projects doesn't bring this thing back again. Before I changed its name, it had the same name as our default view title, with one single letter in lower case instead of upper case like our default title. That's one of my pet peeves - duplicates of things with only the letter case different.

Login to Give a bone

Found another way.....create a new View Title family....modify all the view elevations to use the new family...delete out the one with issues.

I kept trying to modify the same one.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    Found another way.....create a new View Title family....modify all the view elevations to use the new family...delete out the one with issues.

I kept trying to modify the same one.
    Well the problem in my case was that there was no actual view using the rogue view title. It was somehow "attached" to one particular drafting view. Only way I found it was by deleting a view, checking to see if I could purge the rogue view title, then undoing the view delete if I couldn't purge the title. Once I found the drafting view, I undid the delete and created a new drafting view as I described above.

All AUGI, all the time Alex Page's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Well the problem in my case was that there was no actual view using the rogue view title. It was somehow "attached" to one particular drafting view. Only way I found it was by deleting a view, checking to see if I could purge the rogue view title, then undoing the view delete if I couldn't purge the title. Once I found the drafting view, I undid the delete and created a new drafting view as I described above.
    By the way - am I understadning that you can now undo a "view delete" in 2011?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Page View Post
    By the way - am I understadning that you can now undo a "view delete" in 2011?
    I guess so. I just checked in a new, blank project. If I delete a view, I do not get the option to Undo via the button in the QAT. But Ctrl-Z still works.

If I do something else (that "activates" the Undo button), and then delete a view, then I can undo the view delete with the Undo button.

I rarely ever use the Undo button unless it's to undo multiple operations at once. Most of the time I just use Ctrl-Z.

Also I just checked 2010 and I can undo deleted views there, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast