Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love .pat files. come to this thread if you love them as much as me.

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I love .pat files. come to this thread if you love them as much as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon.Price View Post
    Aaron, would you be willing to post an example? Say a Mallerated version of modular running bond? I think I understand what you are saying conceptually (coursing from a "base" dimension rather than from the previous course), but I am not sure about how to actually execute that in PAT language. Of course my understand of PAT language is mostly change a value, reload, see what happens, change again, repeat a bazillion times until something finally works. I am getting ready to revise a bunch of patterns and would like to understand everything better going in. Likely to be more expert at PATs than I really want by the time I am done.

Thanks,
    Gordon
    If i remember ill try to post them tomorrow. But theyre very simple. Its just making the "repeating pattern" of the hatch, EVERYTHING that is needed for a full 8 inch piece. So, in the OOTB hatch, the first and third lines are the same ones, repeating at 2.666666666 * 2. But when that rounds, it doesnt work out. So i manually have all three lines of the 8 inch module in the pattern.

Yes, one out of three bricks is the wrong height (marginally), but more often than not were dimensioning the modules, not the indiv bricks.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I love .pat files. come to this thread if you love them as much as me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaze View Post
    Use the attached spreadsheet, it's easier. There's brick and brick with grout tabs at the bottom.
    cant access spreadsheet for some reason, keeps sending me back to welcome page

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cbaze View Post
    Use the attached spreadsheet, it's easier. There's brick and brick with grout tabs at the bottom.
    Genuis, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12