Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revit>>GBS>>eQuest floors not show up

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit>>GBS>>eQuest floors not show up

I am testing out bringing a Revit MEP model in gbxml format to GBS and then to eQuest. I get an error saying that:
    There are issues with this gbXML file.

"A significant number of horizontal surfaces (floors and/or ceilings) appear to be missing from this gbXML file. The total horizontal area (278 m2) should be approximately equal to the building area (813 m2). Running this file through GBS would produce meaningless results. We suggest you review your model for completness, and if you need further assistance submit your model on our Support page."

This is most likely connected to why when I bring the model into eQuest that the floors do not show up (except for the very bottom floor). When I build the model, I just build walls, a roof, and the floors. I don't join the elements or anything. Should I be? I'm not really familiar with how to build a building or using Revit Architecture.

Thanks

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit>>GBS>>eQuest floors not show up

Quote Originally Posted by jkhmiller View Post
    I am testing out bringing a Revit MEP model in gbxml format to GBS and then to eQuest. I get an error saying that:
    There are issues with this gbXML file.

"A significant number of horizontal surfaces (floors and/or ceilings) appear to be missing from this gbXML file. The total horizontal area (278 m2) should be approximately equal to the building area (813 m2). Running this file through GBS would produce meaningless results. We suggest you review your model for completness, and if you need further assistance submit your model on our Support page."

This is most likely connected to why when I bring the model into eQuest that the floors do not show up (except for the very bottom floor). When I build the model, I just build walls, a roof, and the floors. I don't join the elements or anything. Should I be? I'm not really familiar with how to build a building or using Revit Architecture.

Thanks
    Can you post a screen capture of the gbXML Export dialog in "Analytical Surfaces" mode? Preferably with the 3D view in Shaded Model Graphics Style.

That is a 1-to-1 visualization of the gbXML output, start there in troubleshooting the issues.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

One other thing that doesn't directly answer your question, but may provide better flexibility is to go to Ecotect first, then into eQuest. This will give you a second chance to investigate the model and fix any inconsistencies relating to the geometry.

Ultimately like Kyle said, you have to investigate the analytical model within the RVT file to get a cleaner export. Its not as easy as it sounds, but its the only way.

Login to Give a bone

Kyle,
    Is the image below what you are referring to?

Thanks for you input Alan. I do not have Ecotect right now, so don't know if I will be able to test that. But I'll make note of that for when I do get it to see if that will fix the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jkhmiller View Post
    Kyle,
    Is the image below what you are referring to?

Thanks for you input Alan. I do not have Ecotect right now, so don't know if I will be able to test that. But I'll make note of that for when I do get it to see if that will fix the problem.
    You need to be in the Analytical Surfaces mode, which is accessed from the Details tab.

Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

Oops. Sorry. Here we go:

Login to Give a bone

Looks like you're snipping the tip off your roof, but other than that things look okay. Try using the isolate button on the right side of the dialog and select different points on the Space/Zone tree in the details tab. That will allow you to see the different surfaces on each volume.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

Oh I didn't notice that before. I fixed that. Thanks for noticing.

However another problem I have is when I bring it to eQuest does not know that there is more than one floor, which I think is related to the warning I got in GBS. It ends up looking like a big empty building in eQuest without the 2 floors I had in the model.

Login to Give a bone

Do those floors actually show up in the gbXML? From the looks of it not all Spaces have Surfaces of the Floor Surface Type. Seems like that might be the root of your problem.

Kyle

Login to Give a bone

It does not look like the floors show up in the image (or the building model tree outline on the left) except for in one space.

I just used the Generic Floor - 12" (I attached an image of the properties, which should be the same as the default values because I didn't change anything).

Should I use a different floor family? Is it something with how they are set up on each level?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast