Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cathedral ceiling

Login to Give a bone

Default cathedral ceiling

trying to do a cathedral ceiling. how in the world do you do that

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: cathedral ceiling

When you draw your ceiling you need to place a slope control and indicate the slope by either height at head and tail or by slope. You draw each half of the ceiling separately.

Login to Give a bone

ok ho do u do a slope control ive never even heard of that for a ceiling

Login to Give a bone

In the ceiling command, go into sketch mode and near the left of the ribbon there are the tools Boundary Lines and Slope Arrow. After you have added your boundary lines, pick the Slope Arrow tool and draw in the direction you want the ceiling to slope. Once the arrow is placed you can go into Properties and set either a slope (i.e. 4"/12") or specific head and tail heights.

Login to Give a bone

ok cool i got it. thanx guys.

but i got one more how do i do the specific tail and head hights??? i got the slope one, but it be easier if i could get the hight exact with that tail to head hight thing you were talking about

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jwenzeljr View Post
    ok cool i got it. thanx guys.

but i got one more how do i do the specific tail and head hights??? i got the slope one, but it be easier if i could get the hight exact with that tail to head hight thing you were talking about
    Instead of the slope arrow method, just click on the "lower" sketch line, and check the "define slope" check box. Then, define the slope for that line in the properties box (or you can click next to the symbol and change it there).

Login to Give a bone

Still in sketch mode, pick the arrow and go to the properties dialog. Under the Constraints area the is a field for Specify, it can be set to either Slope or Height at Tail. It sounds like you have it on Slope right now, switch it to Height at Tail and then you can set the tail height and give an offset of the head height.

EDIT: haha Dzatto types faster than I do, but the Defines Slope function isn't available for ceilings, just roofs and floors. Go figure??

EDIT: ok well on further checking, it is there but its an extra step for ceilings.

Login to Give a bone

still cant get it to work here is a pic of what im trying to do. the juant room that is highlighted i want the part that is highlighted flat and the part that is unfinished i want a cathedral ceiling. how do i get it to go from a flat ceiling in the kitchen and entrance from the front door to a cathedral in that open area? also how come i cant get more than one defining slope i might want it to angle from the two flat ceilings
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jwenzeljr View Post
    still cant get it to work here is a pic of what im trying to do. the juant room that is highlighted i want the part that is highlighted flat and the part that is unfinished i want a cathedral ceiling. how do i get it to go from a flat ceiling in the kitchen and entrance from the front door to a cathedral in that open area? also how come i cant get more than one defining slope i might want it to angle from the two flat ceilings
    Type SLOPED CEILINGS in your help bar at the top of Revit. It shows how to do a cathedral ceiling.

You have to use 2 or 3 different ceilings and join them. A ceiling can only slope one way. If you wanted to do a cathedral ceiling on 4 sides, with a flat ceiling in the middle, you would need 5 different ceilings. Then you use the join command and join them all into one ceiling.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: cathedral ceiling

dzatto is gettin good at the Revit thang.......

kool-aids all around!

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast