Thread: Wind and Snow 2D/3D Load on a model that was imported from Revit Structure 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default Wind and Snow 2D/3D Load on a model that was imported from Revit Structure 2011

Hi!

I modelled a building using Revit Structure. Exported a part (a simple 2D frame) of it to Robot to analyze it. By default the snow/wind generation is disabled, so i changed the structure type to 2D frame. Now I have the option to generate the snow/wind loads:

1st. RSA cant recognize automatically the envelope of the frame. It creates an infinite loop out of the nodes, and freezes if i click on the parameters button

2nd If if select the envelope manually, set up the parameters and click on the generate button i get these errors:

"During structure geometry identification errors may have occured because left side wall has not been defined in the structure. Som calculation results may not be correct. Both vertical side walls should be defined."

"Errors occured during structure geometry identification. Some calculation results may not be correct."

"Algorithm of structure geometry identification cannot recognize the one of the following structure types: vertical walls, flat roofs, single-side roofs, double-side roofs, multiple roofs (facade offsets can be defined in each type)."

What am i missing?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wind and Snow 2D/3D Load on a model that was imported from Revit Structure 2011

Please attach your example.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wind and Snow 2D/3D Load on a model that was imported from Revit Structure 2011

I uploaded the ROBOT file (kozos.rvt). This is the ROBOT file, i had to rename the extension to .rvt because the forum wont let me upload files with .rtd extension.
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Your frame needs to be properly orientated (XZ plane in Robot)- 01.png. In other words your frame in Revit Structure should be placed parallel to Front/Back-02.png (from West to East -03.png).
    Attached Images Attached Images