Thread: MapiOptions - Memory (Win7 x64 bit)

Login to Give a bone

Question MapiOptions - Memory (Win7 x64 bit)

I'm trying to improve my system's ability to handle raster images AND still properly display the vector entities I create and edit. Currently if I have a raster image inserted in my drawing, at a certain point certain simple edits like trims or fillets won't regen properly (despite regenauto being turned on), yet if you click on the item - the handles show up where they're supposed to be. 2 releases ago (when it started happening) I was told that the problem would be solved with improved memory management in mapioptions once the true 64-bit release came along. This doesn't seem to be the case as clicking on the default button in the Memory tab for RAM Memory Limit should set the memory to 25% of the total physical memory in your system but it gives me an incredible 400 GB of memory for some reason.(I have 8GB total) Even typing in the correct amount results in a warning that I'm setting my minimum higher than what I have and will result in decreased performance if I click OK. If I accept it, it says that MAP has to be restarted for changes to take effect, but upon restarting - the changes aren't kept and the default has dropped to 10%. I am stymied and really hoped Autodesk would have fixed this. Does anyone have any ideas?
    thanks in advance - sorry for the novel.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MapiOptions - Memory (Win7 x64 bit)

I get the confusion you are experiencing on Win 7 64x. If I set it to default or click the default button and restart Map3D it displays as a negative number. All I can suggect is leave it be for now and keep the cach folder cleaned out. If you ask Autodesk about it thay will tell you to use the data connect for images and not the image insert. : (

Login to Give a bone

Hi Murph - Thanks for your response. Yeah I've tried attaching that way - if anything it just makes the "ghosting" happen faster.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jtgb View Post
    Hi Murph - Thanks for your response. Yeah I've tried attaching that way - if anything it just makes the "ghosting" happen faster.
    Yep same here! Garbage if you ask me. We meet with reps from Autodesk the other day here in the bay area, CA. We are working on a new rail system in the North Bay and Autodesk is working in conjunction with us and the client on cad standards for this project. Well this is such a big project 75miles.....that the engineers and us surveyors are experiencing many problems with the software not being able to handle such a big load. Not to mention my GIS projects that just bog and crash like crazy. Anyway I told the reps that the biggest issure for people is that they have not utilized the software for todays hardware. They had nothing to say other then okay, well what does that mean?.......lol.

I broke it down to them and they just shrugged it off.