Thread: Drawing Sizes - Sorry can't think of abettre title

Login to Give a bone

Default Drawing Sizes - Sorry can't think of abettre title

I have a few thousand drawing that I need to get info from, create a register of the files ready for uploading into a SQL server database.

I have about 95% of it complete but some issues have me a bit stumped and I was hoping you good people might be able to point me in the correct way.

Problem is that the drg numbering system uses the drawing size as part of the drawing number. Some of the drawings we have been given don't have the drawing number formatted correctly so I can't get it straight from the drawing. I have a function that works out the size of the drawing regardless of orientation if there is a scale on the title block. Some of the drawings don't have the drawing scale on the drawing and they haven't used the dimscale.

Is there any way I can work out the scale factor of the drawing that will then let me work out the drawing size?

Thanks
    Robert

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Sizes - Sorry can't think of abettre title

Quote Originally Posted by RobertAitken View Post
    I have a few thousand drawing that I need to get info from, create a register of the files ready for uploading into a SQL server database.

I have about 95% of it complete but some issues have me a bit stumped and I was hoping you good people might be able to point me in the correct way.

Problem is that the drg numbering system uses the drawing size as part of the drawing number. Some of the drawings we have been given don't have the drawing number formatted correctly so I can't get it straight from the drawing. I have a function that works out the size of the drawing regardless of orientation if there is a scale on the title block. Some of the drawings don't have the drawing scale on the drawing and they haven't used the dimscale.

Is there any way I can work out the scale factor of the drawing that will then let me work out the drawing size?

Thanks
    Robert
    Get the sheet size from the PlotConfig.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Sizes - Sorry can't think of abettre title

Why didn't I think of that!!

But I found a much simpler way than that J

I have an array of drawing scales. I then work out the orientation of the drawing and use the length of the lower edge to work out the scale by dividing the lower edgy by the scale factor in the array and checking if it's close to a proper drawing size.

See, much simpler than merely getting the size and width from the plot config.

Thanks Ed.