Thread: middle wheel does not zoom

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default middle wheel does not zoom

I have looked at old threads from searching online, but none of those worked. I have changed mbuttonpan to 1 and to 0, and nothing works. I changed the wheel settings on the mouse settings under control panel to middle button and that has allowed me to pan by holding down the middle button, but I also want to scroll zoom in real time. I have a Lenovo USB Optical Wheel Mouse. Help!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: middle wheel does not zoom

Welcome to AUGI & congrats on your 1st post.

Does your mouse come with drivers? Or does it use the standard windows drivers? There was a problem with Logitec mouses where it's driver would assign something strange to the middle click button, thus making ACad not be able to use it.

I don't know about the Lenovo in particular, but I know the Genius mouses' drivers also allow a change in what the scroll wheel does. Maybe this is why ACad doesn't work too well.

As a last resort, try uninstalling the mouse drivers after you've disconnected it. Then shut-down, plug the mouse back in & boot up. This "should" make windows use it's standard driver instead of the manufacturer's "special" driver. If ACad now works, this would be a method of using this mouse. Unfortunately this also removes anything "special" about the mouse, like programmable buttons for other programs.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: middle wheel does not zoom

If you still have trouble, try turning off the scroll bars. My supervisor turned his off, & it fixed the mouse issues.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.