Thread: Does anyone have any micro&%*$station experience?

Login to Give a bone

Default Does anyone have any micro&%*$station experience?

I'm sorry to bring this here, but I cannot find any useful info on microstation on the web, probably because there is nothing useful about microstation.
    Anyways, I have a dgn file with as message center message asking if I really want to place 124716x748289 pattern. I never tried to place a pattern, and even though it appears to be asking me if I really want to do this, there is no way to answer it. How in the blazes can I make this lame, worthless pile of garbage stop trying to place this large pattern? I cannot plot the drawing, it crashes every time I try. I really don't want to join some group of microstaion punks just to get this stupid issue resolved, so if someone could help me, then I can end this job and get on with my real life.
    Again, sorry to bring this foul subject here, but I'm desperate.
    JL

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Does anyone have any micro&%*$station experience?

Quote Originally Posted by john.lauer View Post
    I'm sorry to bring this here....
    Have you tried here?

http://discussion.bentley.com
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by john.lauer View Post
    I'm sorry to bring this here, but I cannot find any useful info on microstation on the web, probably because there is nothing useful about microstation.
    Anyways, I have a dgn file with as message center message asking if I really want to place 124716x748289 pattern. I never tried to place a pattern, and even though it appears to be asking me if I really want to do this, there is no way to answer it. How in the blazes can I make this lame, worthless pile of garbage stop trying to place this large pattern? I cannot plot the drawing, it crashes every time I try. I really don't want to join some group of microstaion punks just to get this stupid issue resolved, so if someone could help me, then I can end this job and get on with my real life.
    Again, sorry to bring this foul subject here, but I'm desperate.
    JL
    First of all, I hear you and I feel for you. Crapstation requires quite a bit of setup before it can be used easily. ( I say "easily" with heaps of sarcasm ). Im not sure about the message but you will have to manually set up the plotter through the Print Organiser. The last tab is where you can select the printer you need.
    It will be time consuming but if you set this up you can keep using it. The only thing is that you will have to open that .dgn file to use it and grab drawings from there. ( kind of like the publish command)
    This will be your plotting"seed file"

I had a terrible time trying to find anything usefull on teh net about trouble shooting Bentley products and wonder how they stay in business.

I once got so mad that I googled "Microstation Sucks" and got close to a million hits. Thats how good it is.

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Do you actually have to work on the drawing in Microstation or can you use DGNIMPORT to bring it into AutoCAD (2010)? (It ain't pretty, but it works)
    You can then do DGNEXPORT to convert it back, if necessary.
    If you can't or you don't have 2010, I'm so sorry.

Login to Give a bone

Discussion.bentley.com is dead, has been for a few years. All the active content is over on http://communities.bentley.com