Thread: Auto Increment - Caddons

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Auto Increment - Caddons

I've been making an incrementing routine which is a bit more involved than the usual. It remembers the group of text entities the user selected when incrementing and allows the user to edit this group by removing / adding other texts. Also the settings are allowed to change, e.g. using a different prefix, changing to a different numbering system (decimal point, integer, alphabetic, roman numerals, etc.). And then just so the user can more easily see what's going on it highlights the texts using colours to show which is the current position where a remove / insert would be effected.

It's part of a much larger project, but I thought this would be a good starting point. It's contained in a open source (LGPL) project on sourceforge called Caddons. I'd like some feedback about it, as I've found some bugs and have noted some features which may have to be incorporated. I've yet to issue a new version, but some of these are already fixed in the latest revision of the code: See the SVN Repository for AutoIncr.LSP, which would be the absolute latest, most up-to-date version.

If you've got any suggestions / feature requests you could list them here, but I'd prefer if you would add them in the Bugs / Feature Request trackers on sourceforge (see above links). You are allowed to post anonymously if you don't want to register / log-in, but that means you won't receive email updates of the thread you posted to.

And then lastly, if anyone wants to they could help out. Either by giving suggestions or joining the project. The idea is to have this as some community developed add-on package for AutoCAD. Basically a collection of useful routines for all, for free, and as bugless as we all can make it.

BTW, I've started creating a CUI for the purpose of having the package as a whole - so non technical people can "easily" install it if they want. Due to the license, it needs a copy in each source file. When I add this as a comment in the CUI (XML) file ACad fails to open the file. Usually a CUI has a few lines in the comment already, stating that you shouldn't edit it outside the CUI command. But then how do you add a comment? Anyone know why this is?

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Auto Increment - Caddons

But what about the Caddons? Long time not to see your message

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Auto Increment - Caddons

Sorry yes, I've been out of it for a while. I know you're still looking for the pause option, unfortunately I haven't yet got that working - but I haven't had enough time. I have added some other things to the source code:

http://caddons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/caddons/

E.g. a beginning is made for a menu, some library files added to enable for easier extensions, and added a program to automatically set specified blocks to specified layers (look under the Blocks folder for the BlockLayers.LSP file).

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Auto Increment - Caddons

ok,I will try your CUI program firstly.I wish that you would get that work much more better ,on the caddons.I visit your website ,even everyday...

Login to Give a bone

Ok,my friend ,maybe I can see you in the augi forum for Chinese.
    http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1213
    and ... There was several days before I can visit the link http://caddons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/caddons/ again.
    What a nice one it go with your cui program ! Greeting !

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

irneb, it's nice to see you in the forum again.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Sorry yes, I've been out of it for a while.
    Hii,irneb.
    It's long ago.Have you ever login in AUGI?