Thread: wind load for robot 2011

Login to Give a bone

Default wind load for robot 2011

In Concrete Building CBS , we can get automatic wind load on a concrete tower i.e high rise concrete storey building - why this option is not valid in robot 2011 as we can find in etabs program , it will save times

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: wind load for robot 2011

Hi
    in robot wind loads are available automaticly
    define the code in 'preference'
    loads
    others loads
    wind/snow 2D/3D

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by allagui_taharfr View Post
    Hi
    in robot wind loads are available automaticly
    define the code in 'preference'
    loads
    others loads
    wind/snow 2D/3D
    many thanks for helping but I am talking regarding to generate automatic wind load for concrete high rise building ... it is not available in robot as Etabs
    because etabs generates the wind load automatically and assign to the C.G of each floor

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mecheil.edward.hanna View Post
    many thanks for helping but I am talking regarding to generate automatic wind load for concrete high rise building ... it is not available in robot as Etabs
    because etabs generates the wind load automatically and assign to the C.G of each floor
    Hi
    first step :you have to define the load cases DL,LL,TL...
    2nd :you assign a values of each load case then go to #2 and generate your combinations...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by allagui_taharfr View Post
    Hi
    first step :you have to define the load cases DL,LL,TL...
    2nd :you assign a values of each load case then go to #2 and generate your combinations...
    If you draw a concrete building wind load will not be generated automaticlly I am sure
    you have to assign it manually
    Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Automatic wind loading is always dangereous. That way, an engineer doesn't have any controls on how a load is created. In fact, Eurocodes are very general if it concerns external pressure coefficients. Mostly they do not correspond with real situations. The EC's are that unclear that some countries doesn't have a closing NAD.

I suggest you use the option of cladding and a surface load which will spread the wind load very well. You can choose if some intersecting bars need to be ignored in the trapezoidal distribution of loads or not. That way you choose on your own which cp coefficient to use on your wind load.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by i-Theses View Post
    Automatic wind loading is always dangereous. That way, an engineer doesn't have any controls on how a load is created. In fact, Eurocodes are very general if it concerns external pressure coefficients. Mostly they do not correspond with real situations. The EC's are that unclear that some countries doesn't have a closing NAD.

I suggest you use the option of cladding and a surface load which will spread the wind load very well. You can choose if some intersecting bars need to be ignored in the trapezoidal distribution of loads or not. That way you choose on your own which cp coefficient to use on your wind load.
    Thanks For your helping

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter V View Post

Would you please show example for contruction!
    Thank!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter V View Post

Does cladding distribute wind loads onto slabs (C.G.)?
    Is it possible the loads are being distributed as horizontal loads on the edge beams?