See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preset osnaps by CAD Nazi in my office

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Preset osnaps by CAD Nazi in my office

On a totally different thought.... Locking down the OSNAPS doesn't hurt those you don't use them.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stevenvitek View Post
    Our IT manager has locked in specific osnaps that he says are the ones we should use for drafting, he refuses to let us change that, i can add to them but after an autosave it resets them back to his preset ones, i constantly use node and this is frustrating

how can override these permanenetly please!

Steve
    Sir, I understand your issue but if I may suggest instead of calling this person a name let me offer you a better solution. If you take a moment and understand this person position and the reason for the action. You might see that it may have come from upper management and not where you think. So get together with person and provide reasons why and the value of using your method. I bet your boss will come around to your thinking and do the right thing.

Also, if i may suggest having a monthly meeting with the entire CAD staff to go over standards and have your CAD manager attend. Your manager may not be aware that is problem goes a lot deeper and that his or her staff wants to do a great job and is aware of problem.

Remember all, teamwork only works when everyone works together for completing a common goal. If one member runs into trouble it is the job of the entire team to help him or her. By doing this your team becomes a stronger force that can do anything.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

at command prompt type mbuttonpan at set the variable to 1
    Last edited by vtmiii; 2013-10-07 at 09:18 PM. Reason: posted wrong variable

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RogWeb View Post
    If you all do not conform I shall be forced to remove your ability to use vowels and the "y".

Nw THT wld sck!!!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

It's interesting to hear that a company might still exist that use 'drafters'. Most companies in FL require Designers to handle all the drafting, in addition to designing and running Standards Checks.

Login to Give a bone

I have been working with legacy drawings for 13 years, most of which have been done by engineers / CAD drafters (I say drafters, as they are not qualified to be CAD operators based on their AutoCAD skills). If you let people run loose with things, one person will have a snap setting at .031, with another at .25. The problem comes down to holding people to a standard. If no one understands the value of that standard it will not be considered worth their time, and ignored. Enforcing standards in the key to consistency, which, as I have seen, is too often lacking. A standard title block with predefined settings, agreed on by the CAD users is your best option for reliable drawing creation. Buy in from CAD users is critical, and will get quality work in the end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123