Thread: Request from the Revit Forum

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Request from the Revit Forum

Hey guys & gals, I've just popped in from the Revit forum with a small request.

I am trying to get everyone on the BIM band wagon at work and one of the things that I have heard through the grape vine was "...we need to be able to have inventor models show up in our Revit models...". I want to beat them to the punch and and show them a DWFX of and inventor model, Revit ARCH, MEP and Structural.

I can do everything but the inventor stuff, for the reason that we don't have the software and we wouldn't know how to use it.

Could somebody here upload a sample file that I could import ionto my model or even better, something I can build a structure around.

The object doesn't have to be crazy complicated, in fact it could be a large L 50' x W 30' x H 15' rectangular box that simply say 'complex Machine' on the side. If someone wants to share a nicer file that is great as well. Perhaps a large section of an assembly line.

What is important to me is to figure out how to make the programs work together. To discover if it is feasible.

The types of imports I have are in the image below. My guess is an SAT file

Extra thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Request from the Revit Forum

Here's a sample of an ADSK file (it's just a water heater from the sample directories).

You should be able to open it in Revit, and load it into your project. Sorry, I'm not very good at Revit, I've only dabbled in it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Request from the Revit Forum

I almost forgot, please let me know how that works out. I've been slowly getting more familiar with BIM as seen from the manufacturing side.

But it's always good to see how the files are being received on the Revit end.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files