Thread: Some xref layers not showing up

Login to Give a bone

Default Some xref layers not showing up

I hope I am posting in the right forum. I haven't been here in a while and see that there is one forum for C3D 2011 and one for C3D 2009 and below (?)

Anyway, I have a C3D 2010 drawing into which I have xref'd the survey drawing. I have made sure that all layers for this attachment are on, but many of them are not showing up in my drawing. I can open the survey drawing itself and see the layers there, but they don't show up when xref'd in. I have attached the files -- 10-0157.dwg is the original survey drawing and bkgd816006pa.dwg is the drawing into which it is xref'd.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by judekw; 2010-07-30 at 07:56 PM. Reason: To insert software version.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some xref layers not showing up

Hmm. Seems that some elements of the survey drawing were copied and place waaaaay south of the main part of the drawing. I was zooming to the wrong location.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some xref layers not showing up

Yes, I was just about to post that.

You also have a weird UCS thing going on in your base drawing, which made it more difficult to see that you were zoomed to the wrong location.

As for the two-categories thing here in the forums, I think they do that to try and separate out the "new" features each year. I find it more confusing myself, and would prefer a single forum category. The current setup leads to different people posting the same question in multiple places. But at least it's nowhere near as bad as for Land Desktop, where they have four different forum categories, all for what is essentially the same program. Now that's nasty. But I guess someone liked it that way.