Thread: Sheet sets and Fields

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet sets and Fields

I am trying to create our own title sheets to use with the sheet manager tool, but I am having trouble getting the fields to automatically update. The fields have been inserted through the dialogue boxes, but when the sheets are called for in the sheet manager, the fields still display #####, even after refreshing.

What am I missing here?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet sets and Fields

Are your fields set to update automatically? And have you tried manually updating the fields to see if they will update that way.(just to make certain that that is the problem and not something else.) If its just a matter of fields not updating automatically than that can be easily changed, check the following topic in the help file:

FIELDEVAL system variable

This is from the help file as well

"Settings on the http://<span style="font-family: Gar...</font></span> control whether fields are updated automatically or on demand ( FIELDEVAL system variable). The Date field cannot be updated automatically regardless of the setting of FIELDEVAL.
    Note When the DEMANDLOAD system variable is set to 2, fields cannot be updated until you use FIELD or UPDATEFIELD. "

Hopefully this solves the problem.

Login to Give a bone

I would check to make sure your field is looking for information that exists. The last time I saw the ###### come up in a field, it was looking for information that had not been filled in, in the Project Information box.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Sheet sets and Fields

I have a new question to add to the previous replies..... I have a field (total sheets) associated w/ a custom property and when i go to edit field, i can find it there and it will update in the dwg. But as soon as I save, it goes back to #! UAGH. So then i make sure that the custom properties has it, and it does, so then I edit the field again, and it updates again- it shows the correct info (, so then I save and then # shows up again.
    Does anyone know why it won't keep the association when I save?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I would refresh the project, open and save all associated files, and then try updating the field, again.

Since my original post I have had a great deal more experience with fields and sheet sets and sheet views. The critical thing is finding the correct relationships in the edit field dialogue. The nomenclature takes some getting accustomed to since the help is mostly helpless.