Thread: Menus referencing wrong menus

Login to Give a bone

Default Menus referencing wrong menus

Well I checked the CUI. The default menu looks right, but it seems like the references match up with one of my custom menus. When I select the default menu node it shows aliases of POP501, CMDEFAULT and an Element ID of PM_0006, When I look in my enterprise CUI for the items that are coming up with a right click, it shows a alias of POP502 and an Element ID of PMU_0006 the same as the default menu.
    Pretty sure this is the problem. But why and how to fix?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Menus referencing wrong menus

This has become a topic in and of itself. Maybe a moderator will segment this thread, and move to the CUI forum accordingly?

As for your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff.alberda View Post
    Well I checked the CUI. The default menu looks right, but it seems like the references match up with one of my custom menus. When I select the default menu node it shows aliases of POP501, CMDEFAULT and an Element ID of PM_0006, When I look in my enterprise CUI for the items that are coming up with a right click, it shows a alias of POP502 and an Element ID of PMU_0006 the same as the default menu.
    Pretty sure this is the problem. But why and how to fix?
    From what I gather, by upgrading your company has changed the menu configuration, along with element IDs... I could be wrong, but it sounds like you might need to re-make your menu(s) to work with the new Enterprise customizations accordingly.

If anyone else has a better idea, please let us know.

Separately, (If you're not already doing so) I would suggest that you create a "CUSTOM" CUI file that is loaded as a partial to the Main CUI. You can easily copy elements from either the Main, or Enterprise to your CUSTOM, and modify them accordingly without disrupting the original(s).

Hope this helps!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000