Thread: Panel schedule column sizes

Login to Give a bone

Default Panel schedule column sizes

I have a panel schedule template that looks like our CAD standard panel schedule. In this template, we show the load on all three phases.

My question is this, is it possible to make all three columns exactly the same width? Right now I can only guess and get close and hope it looks okay. Can I use a forumla? For example:

=Size(Column 'A')=Size(Column 'B')

Or will this not work? Does Revit name its rows/colums similar to excel or different?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Panel schedule column sizes

Quote Originally Posted by rvellia View Post
    I have a panel schedule template that looks like our CAD standard panel schedule. In this template, we show the load on all three phases.

My question is this, is it possible to make all three columns exactly the same width? Right now I can only guess and get close and hope it looks okay. Can I use a forumla? For example:

=Size(Column 'A')=Size(Column 'B')

Or will this not work? Does Revit name its rows/colums similar to excel or different?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
    how do you create a panel schedule template, or did you not create it?

Login to Give a bone

I created it from the default template. I am using 2011. It wasn't available as an option in 2010.

Login to Give a bone

My question is this, is it possible to make all three columns exactly the same width? Right now I can only guess and get close and hope it looks okay.
    Have you used the Resize Column tool from the ribbon while editing the panel schedule template? It depends on which circuit table format you're using, but if you're working with the default "Split Columns by Phase" format you can resize column B to an exact size, then column C. Column A will resize with column C and column B should keep its width.

Eric

Login to Give a bone

I created it from the default template. I am using 2011. It wasn't available as an option in 2010.
    ok, another reason to upgrade, thnx

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eric.grey View Post
    Have you used the Resize Column tool from the ribbon while editing the panel schedule template? It depends on which circuit table format you're using, but if you're working with the default "Split Columns by Phase" format you can resize column B to an exact size, then column C. Column A will resize with column C and column B should keep its width.

Eric
    That is what I have been using. I notice that column A and column C resize together. So i tried your method, but when I change B, then go and change A/C, B always shrinks for some reason. Just thought there was a different way. Guess not.

Login to Give a bone

That is how it works in 2011. When resizing columns, the column to the right is used to make up the difference, so it should work best if you start in the middle and work to the right. We are hoping to add some improvements in a future release.

Eric