Thread: ATTRIBUTES W/ MULTILINE FIELD WON'T WORK WHEN INSERT INTO SHEET SET

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy ATTRIBUTES W/ MULTILINE FIELD WON'T WORK WHEN INSERT INTO SHEET SET

Hello,

I am having some trouble with getting an attribute that is a multiline field to update within my sheet set when inserted as a titleblock into a new drawing.

I've created it using ATTDEF, checked the multiline box, and adjusted the width. When I insert it into a new drawing within a sheet set it will not update the attributed fields I created. It only works when I don't make it a multiline attribute.

Anyone else with this problem

I am using autocad 2011

,Thanx

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ATTRIBUTES W/ MULTILINE FIELD WON'T WORK WHEN INSERT INTO SHEET SET

I do not have an answer, I am using the later version and doesn't have any issue. I certain that multiline means Multiple Line mode in Attdef. Can you tell all the settings while making the attribute? Also, I am certain that your titleblock is a block and not an xref. And the attribute was inside the titleblock?

Login to Give a bone

I've always had this problem. Multiline Attributes with a field never update on there own and Fieldeval is set to 31. You have to click in to the multiline attribute and from the right click menu chose "Update Field". Very frustrating!!!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

After editing the attribute in the block be sure to run ATTSYNC to synchronize any inserted block's attributes with the revised block definition.

In the new drawing make sure that drawing doesn't already contain a block of that name. If it does, purge it from the drawing.

Also, make sure that the drawing the attributed titleblock is being inserted into belongs to a sheet set that has that value available and the name of it matches exactly.