Thread: Line weight for walls is seen through windows in ACA Architecture 2010.

Login to Give a bone

Question Line weight for walls is seen through windows in ACA Architecture 2010.

Hi! I'm Fiifi and I face a problem with the line weight of walls passing through windows on the plan of my proposed design any time I preview my work for printing. It must however be noted that windows fix themselves automatically into walls when inserted on plan. Also I don't get to see all my layers in colour when previewing. Is it a problem with some settings or what? Folks please HELP me because I'm in a fix.

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Line weight for walls is seen through windows in ACA Architecture 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by fiifiquartey View Post
    Hi! I'm Fiifi and I face a problem with the line weight of walls passing through windows on the plan of my proposed design any time I preview my work for printing. It must however be noted that windows fix themselves automatically into walls when inserted on plan. Also I don't get to see all my layers in colour when previewing. Is it a problem with some settings or what? Folks please HELP me because I'm in a fix.
    Hi Fiifi,

Is there any way you can post an example drawing with the wall/window problem and maybe an example of how you would like to see the final results? It may be easier for someone to troubleshoot your issue if they have an example of the problem.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Line weight for walls is seen through windows in ACA Architecture 2010.

Hi! Scott,
    Thanks for your message. It is rather unfortunate that I do not know how that's done, however, I finally got a friend of mine from school who knew the solution to that problem of which I would gladly share. In order to solve the problem of having the lineweight of walls appearing through windows when you preview your work for printing;
    1. Go to the properties dialog box (Ctrl + 1)
    2. Scroll down to the PLOT STYLE section: you will see Plot style ta...
    3. Click/select the 'Aec standard color.stb' and preview you work now to check whether the problem has been solved.(at first it might not work).
    4. Play with the other options there such as 'AIA color LWT by object.stb'. It worked first for me and solved my problem after I previewed my work. But I did not know what 'AIA color LWT by object.stb' meant and to be on a safer side since a wall is an Aec element I returned it back to 'Aec standard color.stb' and it finally worked. Also remember that the problem with the layer colour not appearing during preview will be solved at this stage.

God Bless.