Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocad Drawing Appears Faded

Login to Give a bone

Question Autocad Drawing Appears Faded

Before I get some of the standard suggestions here is what I have verified:
    All of the layers in my drawing are unlocked.
    The Layer Isolation command is not currently being used.
    I have a small food service equipment xref in the drawing but the rest of the drawing is not x-ref'd.
    Transparency is set at 0.
    My drawing plots off normally but EVERYTHING (including xref and line work within drawing) appears faded on the screen.

I have closed and reopened the drawing and it still appears faded like when you isolate your layers.

The only cause I can think of is that I was editing a xref and closed the drawing before i closed out of the xref (food service equipment).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My drawiing is editable but just looking at it in this faded state is annoying.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autocad Drawing Appears Faded

Welcome to the forums!

For clarification, are you having this issue in modelspace or paperspace (layout)?

If only in paperspace, have you considered Viewport Overrides?

Hope this helps!
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

closed and reopened drawing -- a good first step towards fixing the problem.

Is the fading issue resolved if you close and reopen Acad? If that doesn't resolve it, try restarting the computer.

It sounds like the display driver is misbehaving -- is your graphics adaptor/driver on the autodesk supported list?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tera.a.richards View Post

The only cause I can think of is that I was editing a xref and closed the drawing before i closed out of the xref (food service equipment).
    Just for grins....have you tried the ._Refclose command?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Autocad Drawing Appears Faded

rkmcswain - tried the ref close command and "command not allowed unless a reference is checked out with REFEDIT command".
    -Thanks anyways!

cadtag - just rebooted my whole computer hoping that would solve it but didn't. I will check to see if my driver is on the list. Last time I checked I dont think it was but I thought graphic cards were still being added.

RenderMan- the drawing appears faded in both model space and in viewports. I didn't add this before but it seems to only be a problem for this particular drawing. Any other drawing I open appears normal.

I have been working on this drawing for some time (3-4 months) and although Ive had a few issues its generally been a smooth go for this drawing. I have no idea what I could have done, but anything is possible.

I know Im new to the threads her although Im not completely tech illiterate I dont know how to find my thread after I have posted it. I have bookmarked it for now but Im sure there is an easier way. any help?

Login to Give a bone

I know Im new to the threads her although Im not completely tech illiterate I dont know how to find my thread after I have posted it. I have bookmarked it for now but Im sure there is an easier way. any help?
    Create a bookmark pointed to: http://forums.augi.com/usercp.php?
    This page will list all of your subscribed threads (among other things) - and any subscribed thread with a new post will show up, along with a link to the oldest post in the thread that you have not seen.

Login to Give a bone

....tried the ref close command and "command not allowed unless a reference is checked out with REFEDIT command".
    Ok, have you tried adjusting XFADECTL? If not, set it to 1 and see if there is any difference...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Ok, have you tried adjusting XFADECTL? If not, set it to 1 and see if there is any difference...
    Tried this command. Originally it was at 50 so I switched it to 1 and regenerated it. No difference unfortunately.

Login to Give a bone

Have you run Audit or Recover on the drawing? Can you insert this drawing into a new drawing and it show differently?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Have you run Audit or Recover on the drawing? Can you insert this drawing into a new drawing and it show differently?
    I did in fact do a a audit on the drawing thinking it was some random error and got nothing. copying and pasting sounds like a wonderful idea if I knew my system wouldn't crash as this drawing is pretty elaborate. I will try pasting a portion into a new drawing and see how that goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast