Thread: File keeps throwing up Unresolved References error

Login to Give a bone

Default File keeps throwing up Unresolved References error

I have a file with 4 Revit files and 1 CAD file linked in. For some reason last week it started throwing up the Unresolved References error every time I open it, but when I check Manage Links, everything is there and shows as loaded.

I clicked on the Show Details button in the error box, and it says the unresolved link is linked under: "Z:\...\...\Structural Link.rvt:Z:\....\....\Architectural FTP downloaded file.rvt (names changed of course ).

I checked the Structural file and it has our file linked in and set to Attachment, I'm guessing so that they can see the other linked disciplines without having to actually link in the other files.

Is there any way to keep this error from coming up on my file when it loads the structural link, other than asking Structural to change their link to Overlay and link in all the MEP files, too?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: File keeps throwing up Unresolved References error

I'm actually having a very similar issue with this and it involves CAD and Revit links as well. The only difference is that I believe that my problem comes from the links being located on a network drive. I had a post up about it last week:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=122924

Still have not solved the issue though. My links are set as relative. When I open the link manager, everything is reading as "loaded" correctly, and the linked files appear correctly in my model. But still, this message pops up every time the model is opened...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: File keeps throwing up Unresolved References error

All of our projects and links are stored on a network drive, same drive, mapped the same on all machines.

My problem comes from the way our consultant has the links in his file set up. Being attachment, my Revit then tries to load in whatever is linked into his file when it loads it into my file.