Summary: I wish it were possible to create a viewport of a sheet to place on another sheet for Addenda, ASI, RFI, etc.

Description: I wish it were possible to create a viewport of a sheet to place on another sheet for Addenda, ASI, RFI, etc.

How Used: During the construction process we need to issue revisions to our drawings but frequently do not want to reissue a whole sheet. In AutoCAD it was easy to setup multiple viewports of a drawing so we did not have to reissue complete sheets during the construction process while at the same time maintaining the integrity of our original sheets. The process of duplicating views required by Revit to place them on a second sheet in order to issue them for Addenda, ASI, RFI, etc becomes very confusing and difficult to track when it comes time to create record drawings at the end of a project. This duplication process could be eliminated if it was possible to take a scaled viewport of a sheet that could then be placed on another 8 1/2" x 11" or 11" x 17" sheet for issue. This would also allow us to keep our original sheets in tact, up to date and ready for creating record drawings. I see this as one of the most critical issues with Revit.

Feature Affinity: Views - Sheets

Submitted By: Gardner Clute on April 26, 2010