See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Room Not Visible

Login to Give a bone

Default One Room Not Visible

I have a rouge room. The project is a 6 story open office building with two vertical circulation cores and a utility/ restroom core. the rest of the floor plate is open office. All rooms show in their appropriate plans if I turn on interior fill in VG, except the 6th floor open office room and tag. (all the other rooms on this floor are visible). I have deleted the room from the schedule and replaced it, still not visible in plan. I have checked worksets, phasing, design options, hidden elements, plan regions, etc. I have cut a section through the space and, behold, the room is visible in section. It schedules just fine, but i would like to know why I can't seem to find it in plan.

Any thoughts?

WC

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: One Room Not Visible

it could be just above, or just below your cut plane ? does it show up fine in section ? like on the right floor, and within your view range ?

Login to Give a bone

In section it appears correctly, set to level six with the top set to 14', which is the high side of the roof. I have also set it to 8' which is set to the low side of the roof. The cut plane is at 4' and the view range is at 7' 6".

totally stumped

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

yeah strange. Unless someone suggests something better and less destructive, I suggest picking up your computer, running towards the window screaming like a banshee and then throw the computer out the window. repeat this with new computers until the problem solves or the IT department intervenes.

but in all seriousness, this is a baffling problem. if everthing is in check for the floor plans, and other rooms are showing up, but not the one in question, I'm at a loss.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I will bet you that this room is really not on the same level.

Login to Give a bone

I hada similar problem a few months ago and got pretty much the same answers that you have. None worked and eventually I had to make a dummy room tag. A few weeks later I found it had somehow fixed itself, still no idea what the problem was. Good luck.

Login to Give a bone

A few weeks back it just disappeared from the plan view. No explanation, just gone from the plan. Section, it apprears just fine. Thinking about calling tech support, see if they have an answer.

Thanks,

WC

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

This is an old thread, but since it didn't provide a resolution, I thought I'd add to it. We had a 'rogue' room that wouldn't be seen in only ONE view - after checking all the usual suspects: hidden by element, workset assignment, filters - and verifying that it was correctly adjusted in section, we tracked it down to a PLAN REGION that had been placed in that view, slightly overlapping into the room element. That overlap was enough to trigger the entire room as 'out of view range'. Adjusting the plan region brought visibility back.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I know this is an old thread but I just had this issue and no one had a resolution that worked for me. After trying to figure out what was wrong I found the solution. I am working on a local file from the central model. So I have certain worksets turned off in certain views. I don't know how the room got onto one of those worksets but I just selected the room and changed it to the right workset and it showed up in the plan view. Try to turn on all worksets if you have a central model and see if that fixes the problem.

Login to Give a bone

I agree with the possibility that the room was inadvertently placed on a hidden workset.... I had a user do this last week.. took a few minutes to find

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast